AFStewart@Gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

Bose Soundtouch 10 Speakers do not stay set up as stereo pair

Generally speaking, I'm happy with all my Bose purchases. However, the pair of Soudtouch 10 speakers are a glaring exception. In fact, had I not paid so much for relatively simple speakers I would have already donated them to charity and chalked down to experience the dangers of taking a good reputation for granted.

Willing to give this one more try in the hope that someone has a straightforward solution to the problem that doesn't involve buying another product! I set the speakers up to play as a stereo pair and they work fine, but when I return to play them again, one or both speakers need to be reconnected. Sometimes I'll be able to use them two or three times in a row without the speakers "dropping", but sooner, rather than later, I'll have to reconnect a speaker.

It wouldn't be so bad if reconnecting them was straightforward, but it will randomly fail to recognize wifi passwords, only to recognize exactly the same password on the second or third attempt.

On the last attempt to reconnect the speaker, the app told me that the speakers were ready to play, but the screen flashes to "loading" and then back to the ready to play screen. Just spent over an hour on the phone with Bose, split the pair, reconnected them and now they are working again.

Frustrated that no one can find anything wrong with them and I don't have the time to set them up from scratch every time I feel like listening to music. Before I toss them out, can anyone tell if they successfully use these speakers as a stereo pair? Maybe this feature is just flawed and I'm wasting my time.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Bose Soundtouch 10 Speakers do not stay set up as stereo pair

Hi AFStewart

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the stereo pairing issues, but would happy to help!

• If you open the SoundTouch app and go to the About section in the Settings.  Can you let us know what the RSSI values are for both the SoundTouch 10 speakers?
  • How far away are the SoundTouch 10s away from each other?  Also from the router? 
  • Have you been able to reboot the systems and router by disconnecting power for 1 minute?
  • What is the make/model of the router any any access points in the home?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

AFStewart@Gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

The RSSI value is “GOOD”. The speakers are 5’ or less from the router, which is a Netgear Orbi (RBR50). No problem rebooting, if I have to - just don’t want to do it every 2nd or 3rd time I listen to them.
AFStewart@Gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

It has been suggested that the speakers get confused because it is a dual band router (2.4GHz + 5GHz Low-band).
Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

I had a pair of ST 10 2 weeks ago, I thought that the sound quality in stereo pairing would be better then a ST 20. Had no problems with the stereo pairing, in fact I was able to succesfully create a stereo pair with on speaker connect to my 2,4 wifi network and the other one with the 5. 

The only problem I noticed was the lack of room-filling sound in stereo mode. I constantly had to change the balance between both speaker and in party mode the quality of the sound was noit what I hoped it could be. The remote only works on the left speaker in stereo pair mode. !! 

Did you try a factory reset ( push 1 and volume - ) and hows the conenction in party mode is it stable ? 

regeards,

Rob

Community Manager

Hi AFStewart,

Thanks for the update.  Unfortunately with the mesh networks, it won't be possible to split the networks to operate on a separate 5ghz band.  

What's also strange, is if the systems are less than 5ft away, the signal should be "Great" in this case.  Are there any wireless devices in the general area that could be causing potential interference? 

Warm Regards,

Tony A