Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2016

Bose Soundtouch 120 Issues

Can anyone help, Purchased a soundtouch 120, connected my Sat Cable Box, Blu Ray Player to the console box via HDMI then HDMI to the TV, every time I power on the console, it powers on the blue ray player and some times jumps between blue ray and tv. I have switched the CEC to alternate to see if it helps, but it still powered on the blue ray but it didn't come up on the TV. turned it off all together but it stills powers on the blue ray.
Also I seem to be getting a long delay when switching to TV on the console to play you tube / or movies stored on the TV hard drive, some times it does work at all and I have to switch the tv off and try again, eventually the sound comes through. is becoming very annoying. the TV is connected through ARC HDMI, TV is less that a year old along with the blue ray.
Any ideas
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2016

Re: Bose Soundtouch 120 Issues

just for the heck of it, try connecting your cable box and bluray player directly to the TV; leave your HDMI connected from ARC on TV to 120 console.  Leave CEC on alternate. That is the way I have my cable box, bluray, and apple TV hooked up.  No problems whatsoever.  Remember, when you turn on your 120, it will default to the last input you had, i.e., if you were watching cable/sat last, that is what it will show on the console, if you were watching bluray last, that will show up.  Assuming you have programmed the remote to turn on your TV and cable box, turn on the TV first by touching AUDIO on the 120 remote, then if the console shows Cable/Sat, touch the small button to the right of Audio to turn on the cable box.  If you have programmed your remote to turn on the bluray, then to switch from cable box to bluray, you would touch the bluray button on 120 remote and then the small button to the right of audio. 
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Bose Soundtouch 120 Issues

Hi Hockers,
One of your components (either the TV or the Bose system) is definitely triggering the Blu-ray player to turn on. There are three places we can potentially disable HDMI CEC to keep this from happening.

1. On the Bose system - it sounds as though you have already discovered this menu item. Switching it to "OFF" will prevent this issue from happening, however it will also break the HDMI ARC connection to the TV. This is probably a last-resort only option.
  2. On the TV - The TV's menu will likely also have settings for HDMI CEC that you can clear or disable. Note that each TV manufacturer uses a different trade-name to label their HDMI CEC settings. The most common names are:
    • Anynet+ (Samsung)
    • Aquos Link (Sharp)
    • BRAVIA Link, BRAVIA Sync, Control for HDMI (Sony)
    • CE-Link, Regza Link (Toshiba)
    • E-link (AOC)
    • EasyLink (Philips)
    • Fun-Link (Funai, Sylvania, Emerson, Magnavox, Philips)

3. On the Blu-ray Player. In some cases it is possible to disable HDMI CEC control directly on the device which is having the issue, rather than on the control source. This would essentially tell the player to ignore commands to turn on or off via HDMI CEC. (note that depending on the Brand, the player may label its CEC settings with one of the trade names listed in #2 above)

Hope this helps you sort out the control issues.