Andrewrb92
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 5, 2016

Bose Soundtouch 20 Series iii bluetooth connection won't work

Ive had my Bose Soundtouch 20 series iii for about 3 weeks now and at first, connecting to my laptop via bluetooth was smooth and seamless. But then it started to say "searching for device" and "ready to pair" and will not locate my laptop or phone. I tried a full reset which worked for about a day but then it started to not want to connect again. My laptop and phone can see eachother via bluetooth so it's definitely an issue with the soundtouch. I don't want to have to keep factory restoring it and setting everything up again because that's a nuisance. Any ideas as to what may be causing this error? Getting frustrating! 
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Bose Soundtouch 20 Series iii bluetooth connection won't work

Andrewrb92,
In addition to the reset you have already performed it would be a good idea to clear the pairing list on your speaker and remove the old pairing entry from your phone & computer.
To do this, take the following steps. 

1. On your phone's Bluetooth list, remove (unpair/forget) the SoundTouch 20 system entirely All traces of it should be gone from the list before you proceed.
  2. Do the same on your computer.
    • On Windows this may mean deleting the entry for the speaker from the Bluetooth devices list.
    • On OSX you should be able to highlight the speaker use the near-by minus (-) button to remove it from the list

3. Turn the speaker on and then hold down the Bluetooth/Aux button on top for 15 seconds until you hear a tone confirming the pairing list has been cleared.
  4. The speaker should return to pairing mode automatically. Try it out with a fresh pairing to your phone first.
  5. If that connects and tests well, proceed to pairing to the computer.

Hope this helps you get things squared away!