Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zac
Registered since

Nov 12, 2014

Bose Soundtouch 30 dropping of wifi network

Hello, I seem to be having an issue with both my Bose Soundtouch 30 devices whereby they keep intermittently dropping of my home wifi network. Whenever this happens I have to unplug the mains lead from the device and re plug, it then appears on the network again. This happens very frequently. I have other wireless devices which work just fine and don't  drop of the network. I've checked my BT home hub and all my connections and there's no fault. Also the bass level on both soundtouch 30's keep changing automatically.
Is anyone else having this issue? I would really appreciate it if someone who works for Bose can get in touch with me...
Zac (London)
2 REPLIES 2
Michael_Fitzpat
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 6, 2014

Re: Bose Soundtouch 30 dropping of wifi network

Hello Zac, I have some questions about your ecosystem that will help isolate the issue you are experiencing:

1. When the WiFi drops, what is the status of the LED light on the front of the system? (Solid white, blinking white, solid amber, blinking amber)
  2. What source are you playing when the WiFi drops? (Internet radio, Spotify, Stored Music, etc...)
  3. Do you have any electronic products within 5 feet of the system? (Cordless phone bases, wireless printers, microwave, refrigerator, etc...) If so, try to move the SoundTouch 30 away those devices since they can cause wireless interference.
  4. 3. Do you have any wireless repeaters or other networking products in the mix other than the wireless router? If so, what would be the model number of those devices?
  5. When you say "the main leads of the device" are you referring to the power cable or the USB cable? If the USB cable is till plugged in, we would want to remove that after the system is connected to the WiFi network.
  6. Have you tried to connect your system via an ethernet cable directly to the router? This may tell us whether it is a wireless issue or something within the network causing that drop out.Let me know if that helps at all and if not, let me know the answers to my questions posted above.

Thank you for your time!
Zac
Registered since

Nov 12, 2014

Re: Bose Soundtouch 30 dropping of wifi network

Hello Michael,
Thank you for your prompt response.
Please see below beside each of your questions (in bold text) my answers.
Kind regards,
Zac