Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2017

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300 - Samsung 60KS700 HDMI ARC keep disconnecting No Sound :(

My understanding is that this is a known Bose issue. My question stands. Will this be fixed with v.16 software update?@Brian_B
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300 - Samsung 60KS700 HDMI ARC keep disconnecting No Sound :(

Just purchased the Bose 300 day before yesterday and facing same issue with HDMI cable then after I called bose technical support care for addressing my issue and their response is un-expectable

They suggest me use optical cable for connecting your TV and they told us you will get same output(HDMI and optical cable. it is ture) and they also told us there is some connection certificate issue between bose and your TV then after we asked one more question please let me know list of TV model which is having same problem and they don’t have any answered.

My simple question is why they are selling their expensive product with no proper testing even now days they know that there is connection issue with HDMI cable with Samsung TV.

@bose, please provide me exact solution otherwise I’ll return my product and buy another brand sound system.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi srivastava.ashish3,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. Is your TV model the Samsung 60KS700? If you have a different model, which one do you have? Curiously, which version of software do you have on your TV. Have you tried powering on the soundbar first, followed by your peripheral devices (cable box, dvd player, game console, etc), and then powering on your TV last to see if it helps? Please let us know and we'll do our best to clarify here. 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

New problem with Ver 16 firmware. My sound bar will no longer stay connected to my Samsung UN49KS8000 TV. Did not have this problem with Ver 15. If I unplug both my TV and soundbar from power for about 15-20 sec and reconnected to power they will work. TV will see the sound bar as a receiver with ARC and I will be able to control the soundbar volume from the TV or Bose remote. But then they will disconnect from each other again and the bose will no longer see the TV. However the TV will still see the bose but only as a standard device connected to the HDMI port.

Also after trying different things I set it up using an opt cable and then setup the sound bar to turn on whenever it detects a single coming in from the opt cable. But it would not auto power up until I did a hard power off by unplugging it. But once I tune off the power by the remote. It would no longer turn on when even it receivers a single you will have to manually turn it on by the remote unless you do a hard reset by pulling the power again.

Hope this gets pass on to the support time. Or do I need to call in for support.
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I bought my Bose 300 with subwoofer and rear speakers last Sunday.  It worked well and sounded good until today.  It did take me almost that entire time to get my Harmony 880 working correctly, but I finally did.  The Bose even worked well with Pandora and also playing music stored on my computer.

Today, after using Pandora, the Bose 300 would no longer connect to my LG 65 OLED C7.  I finally did a factory reset and went throught the entire set up again and got it working.  A little later, I turned off everything and when I returned, it would no longer connect to the LG.  So, I did the entire factory reset and set up again to get it working.  Tonight we streamed a VUDO 4K movie with good results and now I'm watching a U-Verse movie with no problems.  However, I dare not switch back to Pandora and I'm dreading turning everything off tonight.

Next time it fails, and it will, I have to decide if I want to switch to optical or just return the entire piece of crap.  I had thought I might upgrade to the Bose 600 within 90 days and maybe the Bose 650, but I read they have the same problem. 

The Bose 300 is only capable of Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1, so I don't think I would lose anything using optical.  However, my TV is capable of Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD and my Oppo 203 DVR is capable of Dolby Atmos, Dolby True HD and DTS-HD, so why should I be limited to this Bose system.

I am really disappointed in my purchase.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

Very disappointed in Bose at the current moment. My $300 2year old LG soundbar was 100% reliably when it came to HDMI/ARC. After doing a complete factory reset of my soundtouch 300 It wokered almost all day. Until it auto shut off and after I turned it back on my TV and it would no longer connect. So I have given up on HDMI And now I am stuck Using the opt cable but even this does not working the way it should. If you look at the user guide it says to hold down the power button until you here rising tones meaning auto on is activated. However auto on does not even work. I got it to work once turned off the sound bar and TV then turned on the TV and sound bar came on but then tried it again and nope it would no longer work.
I am kinda stuck deciding if I should return the Sub and sound bar and go back to my LG or if I should keep this and just use it with opt cable.

After reading past reviews it seems like it’s been having these problems since the very first release date and still has not been corrected.
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

@joselujanupdate KS8000 to the latest firmware 1203.6 (I have the exact same setup and after 2 disconnections all is stable now) everything works with the samsung remote.. CEC alway on in the app.

@Xyz987Set your Harmony to power on your SoundTouch first and then TV etc. It has something to do with completing HDMI handshake.

Let me know how this goes..

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Thanks, I'll give that a try tonight.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

@PatR171

I will take a look at firmware on TV. Don’t think their is any updates. Since my is always connected to network with auto update turned on.
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I programmed the Harmony 880 to turn on the Bose then the tv.  It seems to be working OK now, but I haven't tried listening to Pandora because I don't want to deal with another lost signal.  I really need to do that before my 30 days is up, but I am really enjoying the sound from my Bose 300 with subwoofer and surround speakers.  It seems to be a good option if your wife doesn't want a bunch of speakers around.