Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MOHSINFAROOQ
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2017

Bose Soundtouch 300 - Samsung 60KS700 HDMI ARC keep disconnecting No Sound :(

I recently purchased Bose soundtouch 300, initally i was working fine with my samsung TV  KS700, I use the HDMI ARC connection. but next morning. notice no sound form soundbar. also when on the tv setting. dosent shows any connection HDMI connection. then i powered off completly bose soundtouch and powered on again. its start working. but time to time connection deep droping. very disappointed, i have updated the later firmware on tv also on the soundtouch. still facing the same issue. is there anyone who can help me out. Thanks

55 REPLIES 55
andrea1979
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2017

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300 - Samsung 60KS700 HDMI ARC keep disconnecting No Sound :(

If you have just bought it, please return it and buy a Sonos... as you can see in the community it is almost a year that customers are experiences such issue and Bose has no clue how to fix it.... please simply digit on Google "Bose SoundTouch 300, hdmi issue" and you see how many negative feedback fro client...

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300 - Samsung 60KS700 HDMI ARC keep disconnecting No Sound :(

Hi MOHSINFAROOQ,

Can you try to unplug your TV and the soundbar from power, and remove and re-connect the HDMI cable to see if that helps resolve the issue? Also, can you try to adjust the CEC settings on the soundbar to "Alternate On" to see if it helps? Here are the steps to do this:

1. In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select the system] > Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC.
  2. To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option
    1. Default On Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. Off: Disables CEC
  3. Press the X in the upper right to close the window

Thank you 

Fasco1
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2017

I have had the same issue and  have been trying to get to for some time now. I've also had issues with wifi and connecting to the Bose speaker with the app. I originally thought they were two separate issues, but figured I would at least attempt to attack one. After narrowing things down, I decided to upgrade my router. So far I have found both issues have gone away. Seems to be running very stable and reliable for the last 4 days. Something I havent had in a long time.

Not sure if the week wifi signal was throwing off the connection to the tv too? But it seems to be fine now.

geertjanssen1
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

dear,

i've been scrolling through various comments and came to this site by Google search that had a hit on a thread started by Borg29 who is reporting on a similar issue since november last year.

i bought, 2 weeks ago, a sony 65xd8599 and last week the now infamous Soundtouch300. i am not really a wizzard so i have not 'downloaded' any apps and just connected the soundtouch to the TV via HDMIARC and i have a samsung blue ray dvd in HDMI2. maybe becasue i have not multiple components i DO have sound BUT....every few minutes i have a mute of 1-2 seconds. this is nothing compared to the disastrous time waisting Borg29 was forced into, but i am afraid that this is the start of much more misery so i notified my retailer to come and solve tthe problem and to sack the sales person since if i can find that there is a problem of this nature, how can they still sell the stuff??? 

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi geertjanssen1, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Have you tried unplugging the system and re-seating the HDMI cable to see if that helps? Are you using the HDMI cable that came with the SoundTouch 300? Does the muting happen with all of your ARC sources passing through your TV (DVD player as well as any others like cable/satellite)? Have you connected the SoundTouch 300 and done the most recent software updates? Do you notice any drop outs if you listen to any SoundTouch sources? 

Thank you 

Slammer
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2017

G'day Brent,

Just purchased the Bose 300 today and after reading all these threads/comments I am now reluctant to even get it out of the box.

I guess like everyone else we really need answers now. Do I take it back now before I open it and find something else where the Arc will work or are Bose going to help all these people and come up with a solution. In reading all of these I don't really want to waste my time on something that does do what it is supposed to.

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Slammer, 

CEC can at times be finicky as it is not standardized from company to company, however, the majority of ARC issues were resolved with an update earlier this year. Our next update, which is set to resume deploying next week will also have stability enhancements as well. I would certainly recommend setting up your system as you have intended and please keep us posted if you have any issues or additional questions. 

Thank you 

Vuec1
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2016

ARC issue was never fixed. Bose is just trying to tell everyone it is but it's not. Mine still loses connection and I would have to reset tv and st300 to get hdmi to work again. I have given up and use optical.
hockeymagnet
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

I had the usual problems with ST300 and my Samsung HDMI CONNECTION. Keep in mind I only have my cable box and the ST300 connected. One of the updates fixed most of my problems but I can GUARANTEE that any update Samsung pushes to the TV will screw things up so unplug ST300 and TV. Disconnect HDMI FROM ST 300. Plug everything back in and working again. Until the next update of course. I also seem to experience these disconnects randomly every couple of weeks. This is a very uncomplicated setup and should work consistently without these kinds of issues!