cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnB
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300 - Samsung 60KS700 HDMI ARC keep disconnecting No Sound :(

Nothing has been fixed I have a Samsung 4K and it kept dropping the hdmi connection. I would do all the resets then it would work for a week or so and drop again. This time I can't get it to connect no matter what I do it doesn't work and hasn't for weeks.

I had to hook up optical which is not the answer by far what a joke

hockeymagnet
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300 - Samsung 60KS700 HDMI ARC keep disconnecting No Sound :(

@andrea1979 wrote:

If you have just bought it, please return it and buy a Sonos... as you can see in the community it is almost a year that customers are experiences such issue and Bose has no clue how to fix it.... please simply digit on Google "Bose SoundTouch 300, hdmi issue" and you see how many negative feedback fro client...

To me this is so dumb. I'm not a raving Bose fan and probably because I only have My Samsung 4K connected and no other inputs, I only seem to have a problem when Samsung does a firmware update for the TV. BUT - While I think Sonos products tend to be easier to use in terms of setup and software, I prefer the Bose sound - THEY (SONOS) ONLY CONNECT RE OPTICAL CONNECTION! they don't even offer HDMI - SO IF YOU CONNECT BOSE VIA OPTICAL INSTEAD OF HDMI HOW ARE YOU WORSE OFF WITH BOSE?????

JohnB
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

I bought it about 9 months ago and had problems since day one with the hdmi connection which by the way never worked when

I brought it home. I had to do all kind of phone calls and gyrations to get it to work on a wing and a prayer. Now it just drops and doesn't come back and hasn't for about 3 weeks. I can't believe Bose even put this out and promote and hdmi connection. I'm sure it was a marketing ploy seeing there are not many others out with an hdmi connect. This is really BS.

hockeymagnet
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

To add to what I said above - Bose big mistake was pushing the HDMI so I agree with what you're saying. Don't know if it was a deliberate plot to mislead but obviously the tech is not really where it needs to be. They could obviously have released it with just optical and it probably would not have hade much impact on sales. To me it's a bit like Apple Carplay or Android Auto, where it keeps breaking everytime something changes.

Msagman
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2017

Is Bose working on a solution for this?
JohnB
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

Yea about 9 months

matte73
Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

Hi after 1year of purchasing my Soundtouch 300, I have the same problem (connected with original hdmi cable to hdmi3 CEC port to TV Samsung 65HU8500) that after a few days the soundbar doesn't switch off/on with tv,and if I try to switch on it the Aynet+ CEC of Samsung tv doesn't find it, so the one way to reset the sistem is to switch off tv&soundbar!!

But the worst problem is that tv switches on by night automatically with soundbar!!!!!

So I have to unplug the Bose every night in order to have a quiet night.

Is it possible? any solution? Have I to change the soundbar? I tried a cheaper sound system (samsung/sony) and any problem occurred!! TV and Soundbar are updated with the last firmware available.

I was interested to purchase subwoofer and rear speaker but I'm not sure to give another money to Bose

MOHSINFAROOQ
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2017

Hi Guys,

does anyone try to remove all others HDMI cables,apart from HDMI ARC (BOSE) , its look like when we are using too many HDMI cable the voltage devides and this lead to drop the connection again and again. earlier i was using 5 HDMI ports and my BOSE ARC connection was keep disconnecting then i removed all others devices now its works fine.

WHW
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2017

I bought the Soundtouch 300, plus sub and surround speakers this week.

Setup was straight forward and relatively simple. I connected my Samsung TV to the Soundtouch using the Bose HDMI cable using the ARC port.

We enjoyed a streamed movie, some tunes via Bluetooth (incredible sound quality) then reverted to TV. No sound!

One hour later after exhausting my technical knowledge I found this forum...how disappointing Bose, £1,500 and it doesn't work, really!

I don't want to keep unplugging my TV and Soundtouch to erase ARC settings & memory. Instead I've temporarily reverted to the inferior optical in/out connectivity.

Bose, are there any planned firmware fixes before I return the whole setup?

A very dissatisfied customer.
matte73
Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

Hi WHW, after one year and a lot of call to Service Bose, I have the same problem as you, So I decided to downgrading from HDMI CEC to optical my connection. Now all devices work properly, but I've lost the settings/features availables only with hdmi CEC connection. Bose replied me that the problem is Samung.

This brand has a "typical closed configuration of HDMI CEC Aynet+ systems" that somethimes doesn't work properly with all other devices non-Samsung.(??) I'm very disappointed and I'm thinking to change surround sytem with other product not Bose!!

An other  very dissatisfied customer.