cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anurag20a
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300 - Samsung 60KS700 HDMI ARC keep disconnecting No Sound :(

How is this thread marked as solved when there are so many people facing the same issue including me? I bought the soundbar 2 days ago and I was so happy with it for the first night. Then after an update through Bose app everything just went downhill. HDMI ARC has no sounds. I tried all the solutions but nothing worked so far! Optical works but that's not what I bought the soundbar for! The soundtouch app is really slow as well and randomly increases or decreases volume. I love the sound quality but BOSE needs to fix this for their loyal customers!

JohnB
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300 - Samsung 60KS700 HDMI ARC keep disconnecting No Sound :(

This has been going on for almost a year with no fix in sight. Not only does the ARC not work but the thing shuts everything down

if there is no activity to the sound bar. You at least have the chance to return the thing.

Bose has no technical no how what so ever, if they send out a fix it breaks something else.

anurag20a
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

I have given up on the HDMI arc. What I've done is left HDMI arc connected and also connected the Optical input to the TV. I can use the source button on BOSE remote to turn the TV on and the power button on BOSE remote turns TV and soundbar off at the same time(thanks to keeping the HDMI arc connected). This setup works for me and I do not need to touch my TV remote for anything as the BOSE remote works for everything. This obviously isn't ideal but atleast it's stable and soundbar switches between TV/Bluetooth/Wifi with ease. Hopefully this issue will be resolved but I love the sound quality and it works well with my Soundtouch 10.

wefleenor
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2017

Might I ask how you have it operating with your ST 10 speakers?  I have asked Bose haven't even received a reply.  There must be a lawyer in this mix of problems that would be willing to undertake a class-action suit.  There seems to be plenty of us that have been affected.

Bosethusiast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 30, 2016

@anurag20a wrote:

I have given up on the HDMI arc. What I've done is left HDMI arc connected and also connected the Optical input to the TV. I can use the source button on BOSE remote to turn the TV on and the power button on BOSE remote turns TV and soundbar off at the same time(thanks to keeping the HDMI arc connected). This setup works for me and I do not need to touch my TV remote for anything as the BOSE remote works for everything. This obviously isn't ideal but atleast it's stable and soundbar switches between TV/Bluetooth/Wifi with ease. Hopefully this issue will be resolved but I love the sound quality and it works well with my Soundtouch 10.

I too, am utilizing HDMI ARC and the Optical connections. I've owned the ST300 full set-up for a full year, now. While using both HDMI ARC and Optical is not what I prefer, it works while Bose develops a fix. Every once in a while, I'll pull the optical and the HDMI ARC will work for a few days, then goes silent. It's not perfect. But, in my opinion, this technology is evolving. Bose engineers will eventually develop a fix. Until then, patience is a virtue. I have full confidence in Bose and am a loyal user of many of their products. In my opinion, Bose is still #1 in sound technology.

Best,

Bosethusiast

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

There is really no reason to pull your optical except to test if your Bose 300 HDMI has been fixed.  Since the Bose 300 is only capable of Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTX 5.1, you are not losing any sound capability by using optical.

hockeymagnet
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

Not really correct for Samsung tv’s that optical vs HDMI makes no difference for the 300. I have a Samsung KU6300 and one of the updates a while back included a sound setting option that provides enhanced sound that does not work on Optical but does work on HDMI. If Optical is selected the enhanced setting is not available to select. It’s a significant boost in quality IMHO
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

What is it?  The Bose 300 won't do more than Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1.

pwalsh
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2017

Turns out this is a huge Samsung issue, if you search some of their blogs one of their latest updates made this issue much worse for many people.  Even connecting Samsung to Samsung. 

The Answer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Disconnect power from the TV and the Soundbar 300 for 15, yes FIFTEEN whole minutes.  

Then Voila, it all works again.  

Don't waste time resetting the TV or unplugging the HDMI.  

Just UNPLUG FROM POWER FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES!!!!

Problem solved for me.  (for now...)

Polecat
Participant
Registered since

Nov 12, 2017

Might be irrelevant but I was having trouble with ARC after the latest update. The soundbar would power down when the TV was switched off, but it wouldn't power on no matter which way round you set it. 

It turned out to be quite a simple fix for me. The auto-wake feature must have been disabled as part of the firmware update. Once I re-enabled the function, all my problems were solved. The bar now switches on with the TV and turns off automatically at the end.

To enable/disable the function, press and hold the power button on the soundbar remote until you hear the musical note. 

Hope this helps some people.