cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anurag20a
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300 - Samsung 60KS700 HDMI ARC keep disconnecting No Sound :(

That didn't work for me. All it did was remind me that HDMI ARC doesn't work and frustrate me all over again. I'm quite happy with leaving the optical and HDMI plugged in as it works flawlessly. The BOSE remote is perfect so I don't need TV remote at all!

Ham&Eggs
Participant
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300 - Samsung 60KS700 HDMI ARC keep disconnecting No Sound :(

This might be completely wrong conversation to this link but have you connected your bose remote to your TV?  The process is at the back of one of the manuals and Samsung is 00060. I did this and the st300 connects to the tv through  HDMC ARC with no dropout at this time. Still having problems with quick skipping of sound through ARC no matter which audio settings are set from my Samsung UE48JU7000, e.g. pcm or bitstream and dolby digital. 

Kicker0927
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 11, 2017

I completely agree with Andrea.  I cancelled my order after reading all the complaints regarding the HDMI ARC issues with the ST300.  However, please know that Sonos does not offer HDMI ARC support at all so you are only able to use the optical connection on the Sonos.  Sonos' optical connection will not allow you to use a Samsung Smart Remote to control the ST300, so it is not an option for me.

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Personally, and from experience, I would recommend you purchase the Bose Soundtouch 300 with subwoofer and rear speakers.  The sound is great and will be exactly the same with optical or HDMI.  HDMI works for me with LG TV, but I assume Bose will get this figured out (maybe).

KevinC
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2017

Same problem, you would think spending 1500$ on a sound system would be working properly. I had a sony soundbar and had no problem whatsoever and was half the price.😑
anurag20a
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

I have an update since I last posted. I had the chance to return my soundbar within a month to BOSE. I was perfectly happy with the sound quality but I decided to return the soundbar and buy another one. And similar to the first time around I didn't have any issues in the beginning. I was sure the problem will start in a day or two or definitely after I updated the soundbar. But surprisingly HDMI ARC is working flawlessly without any issue with exactly the same TV. I haven't updated my TV either which hints that the problem may be more difficult to fix with certain units? I was sure it was a software issue that could be fixed with an update but I'm not so sure anymore...

Again the sound quality identicaly and brilliant with either optical or HDMI ARC but I do like the convenience of using my TV remote for controlling the soundbar. As nice as the Bose remote is, my TV's response is much much quicker with it's own remote and back button doesn't work with Bose remote!

Kicker0927
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 11, 2017

I would check this out.  Most of JBL products sound better than Bose anyways.  I think the new JBL Bar 5.1 will make waves in 2018.  I have ordered mine already. https://youtu.be/hIQXiJNAPeg

5.1-Channel 4K Ultra HD Soundbar with True Wireless Surround SpeakersThe JBL Bar 5.1 transforms from a soundbar into a true wireless 5.1 home theater for an ...
pwalsh
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2017

Now almost 2 months from my last post and again I haven't had any issues.  I think there had been an update then (launched by Samsung according to other posts) just prior to my last issue which was solved by disconnecting from power.  

We had several parties over this holiday season and too many family members visits.  I had many comments over the sound quality throughout the house.  I use my whole original sound system (wireless link adapter) with the Soundtouch 300 and the Acoustimass 300 and then multiple Sound touch 10 and 20's.  Fantastic!!! 

Having a good quality speaker in the Soundtouch 300 mounted at mantle height really delivers the music.  

As to JBL over Bose, ...  I don't think so.

Oakley
Participant
Registered since

Mar 11, 2018

I found it will restore to tv (hdmi-arc Port) by pressing the music (middle button) on 2nd row from top of Bose remote, then press the tv input (left button 3rd row from top). This seems to reset the electronic handshake between the tv and the
Bose 300 soundbar.
GIBBYONE
Contributor
Registered since

May 16, 2017

If you have a chance take it back now because there is no answer for this problem they continue to say there is no problem but I've been having the same problem since 2016 if you have a chance take it back