htam
Participant
Registered since

Mar 11, 2017

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300 Soundbar - How to Switch Input back to TV?

That’s a decent work around but Bose development team’s lack of response or actions is p%#^ poor. Why have a community/forum if Bose isn’t going to listen or provide any solutions. As I told everyone here before, if you’re still under the return period, invest your $ in Sonos — better support and technology. Bose been in the sound industry since 1964, Sonos 2002... guess they need some new blood to keep up with today’s technology or just fold.
mbruce23
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2017

I have this issue too… so does everyone else that owns this product. Why have an app if it drives you back to the physical remote or to some irrational workaround? This is a simple, but significant gap in the user experience. 

@Brent_B, what’s the update here? It seems like these forums are more of a black hole than a support system. This isn’t a personal attack, but what’s the point of a moderator? Nothing is being moderated. Unhappy customers are sending glaring omissions in SoundTouch app’s UX/UI, but Bose seems to do little about it other then directing “moderators” to report the lack of concern and development to the issue.

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

It's not an irrational work around.  It's a simple work around that works.  Until Bose solves the problem, it's a good way to deal with the issue.

mbruce23
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2017

Sorry @Xyz987, you're right. If that solution works for you, that’s great. More so what’s irrational is the fact any workaround is necessary in the first place. We are all advocating for the same thing here, and I didn’t intend for my comment to challenge your suggestion.

At the same time, your solution does not work for me. CEC controls also have problems. 

Default On: The flaw in this option is that when I’m ready to turn everything off, the sound bar turns itself back on, and turns the Tv on in the process. So I want everything off, but 2 of the 3 devices are back on. Even if you use the power button on the Bose remote, the cycle continues… everything turns off, sound bar turns on and triggers the Tv to turn on.  

I don’t use this option because I don’t want my Tv to come on when im trying to turn everything off.

Alternate On: The flaw with this option is that the sound bar does not turn on when I turn on the Tv or other devices. However, this option does power off the sound bar, and keeps it off. This is the better of two broken options. Because of the fact this option does not power on the sound bar, with everything else that seems to turn on-and-off ok via CEC controls, I have to use the app or physical remote to power on the sound bar when I first start to use it.

This option does not fit your suggestion either. I turn everything off, but when I turn on the Tv, the sound bar does not turn on.

Again, great if it works for you, and I am open to other suggestions. But the greater point here (CEC issues aside) is that customers shouldn’t be left to find a workaround because Bose is dragging their feet to provide real solutions to real problems. I don’t think it’s too far fetched to expect this is a fairly simple fix given the rest of the SoundTouch lineup includes Aux switching. 

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

This request has been passed along to development, but we do not have additional information at this time. As this thread has gone off topic and there is no new information to provide, we're closing this for now.

Kind Regards,

Joel