Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2016

Bose Soundtouch 300 Soundbar - How to Switch Input back to TV?

Is there currently a way to switch the Soundtouch 300 soundbar back to "TV" from the Soundtouch app?  I often listen to music  via wifi through the speaker, but when finished, would like to switch the input back to TV.  I can do this by pressing the tv button on the 300 remote, but would like to do it from the app and desktop.  I have two Soundtouch 20's and they can be switched from wifi, bluetooth and aux using the app and desktop.  The 300 appears to only offer wifi and bluetooth.  Why not a tv option???  My current iOS Soundtouch app version is 14.60.1.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2017

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300 Soundbar - How to Switch Input back to TV?

Still waiting.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2017

Same here. Would like to switch back to tv input from all. Very important and annoying to me.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi all, 

Having the ability to switch sources like this form within the app is definitely a great idea. Currently this is not available from within the app but I can pass this feedback on to our development team here. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2016

Thanks Brent!  I am really looking forward to having the ability to do this.  It would really be a big help!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2017

Thanks Brent! This will add a ton of value to the app. To date, the lack of this feature is my biggest angst with the app.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2017

Greetings from Slovakia, i am joining into feedback thread to request a feature in ios app supporting an input switching functionality back from bluetooth streaming to hdmi tv (adding this to apple watch app extension as well would be grand )
i've a setup consisting of sound touch 300 / appletv using cec hdmi, after stopping bluetooth streaming from an ios device, i can only use the sound touch remote to switch sound back to default tv audio input. currently i workaround it by using atv airplay instead of bluetooth while  the tv is on . also it appears the bluetooth streaming is not advertised in ios 10.2  (e.g. no shortcut in control centre , have to connect on demand over settings ->bluetooth or the sound touch app).
After getting used to how seamlessly you can handle  connecting multiple paired bluetooth ios device audio  inputs with e.g. soundlink mini or the qc headset line  , the audio touch 300 bluetooth  input switching option is in my opinion a small step back in convenience in an otherwise premium product.
i hope nothing a future firmware updates can't resolve  , thanks for your consideration and any hints on how to manage multiple device bluetooth audio and tv switching in easier way    .

kind regards
Marek

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

I agree 100%.  In the morning, we turn the system (tv, speaker, cable, etc.) with our voice (through xbox) so we can watch/listen to the news.  But before bed maybe we want to control the music.  So now we can't put the news on without going and finding the old-school remote and switching.  It is a pain/less convenient to use the soundbar now than it was using our old receiver+speaker setup. 

I also don't like that you never know what the volume level is (is there no visual indicator besides on the phone app??). 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 8, 2017

Hi Brent,

Do you have any news back from the development team as to if this feature has been accepted into a future release?   

I think that this feature, or a similar one that I will suggest below would be of great use to what I think is the most common use case for the Soundbar.  

I beleive the the most common use case is to be used in place of television speakers, with a desire to sometimes substitute it as a stereo system using either the SoundTouch App or Bluetooth connectivity.  As such the lack of return to Television input is quite annoying.  Especially as other, less tech savvy, family members are annoyed if it is used as a Stereo and then they unexpectedly have no sound when they watch TV.  

As such the feature through the SoundTouch app to return the input back to TV after using the SoundBar 300 as a Stereo would be quite useful.   However, even this would require the user to open the app after they use Bluetooth to play the speaker.   

An alternate approach that I think would be even more effective would be an "auto-return" feature, where the TV (or any other input) could be selected to be automatically selected after some period of inactivity.   I think that this would be the least intrusive approach.  Also as Bluetooth or the SoundTouch App will automatically switch the source on the soundbar, I don't think there would be any annoyance from this feature, especially as it would be best to be an option.  

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Bryan

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2017

Actually i can Switch those sources via Logitech Harmony.

But i agree 100% that it would make sense to switch sources with the native app.