Bose Soundtouch 300 soundbar connected to SONY BRAVIA

Quiet Contributor

Bose Soundtouch 300 soundbar connected to SONY BRAVIA

My Bose Soundtouch 300 soundbar is connected to SONY BRAVIA TV using HDMI-ARC. The sound quality is rather poor, surley in comparision to the sound of Internet Radio and the connected Sony Blue Ray Player. Also no better results with another HDMI cable, other HDMI ports, with only or with no Fiber -connection.. HDMI-ARC port is working fine with auto-detection and auto -switch from TV sound-out to Soundtouch -Sound-In.

SOUNDTOUCH 300  <-->  SONY BRAVIA TV:            HMDI -ARC   & Fiber 
SOUNDTOUCH 300  <-->  SONY BLUE-RAY :            HMDI 
SONY BRAVIA TV    <-->   HORIZON TV Media Box   HDMI

Help is wanted.
Greetz thnks
Jos

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Bose Soundtouch 300 soundbar connected to SONY BRAVIA

Hi Jos,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

Have you attempted connecting your Blu-Ray player directly to the SoundTouch 300 via HDMI?  When you do this, does the audio improve or is it the same?

What is the model of your Sony TV?  We can try and see if there are specific TV settings that are causing the issue.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hello Brandon
Thank you for your quick response
AUDIO -sound comming from Blue Ray Player is good
DVD -sound comming from Blue Ray Player sounds great, (almost) like Surround, DTS
The sound comming from the SONY TV is poor, sounds weak. Almost as if the TV holds back part of the output. On the TV I have set output to Audiosysten.  I have already tried with several Audio settings on the TV, with no positiv result
Model = SONY BRAVIA KDL -46W905A

Greetz
Jos

Noisy Narrator

I don't know the problem, but I would remove the optical cable from the tv to the Bose 300.  My Bose 300 sounds great regardless of the sound source.  I have it connected to my LG tv using HDMI ARC and other devices connected to the tv using HDMI.

Quiet Contributor

Hello Wistful Whiz

Thnks for yr info.

I also did audio -test without the optical/fiber -connection but there is no difference in sound -quality. It is the same 'poor' weak sound, far less than the sound comming from the Blue Ray player and Internet Radio Stations.My other devices are also HDMI -connected with the TV en BOSE 300

Good to hear that you have no sound -complaints about yr BOSE 300. I hope that I can write the same within short time with the help of BOSE and/or this community
I suppose that you have set the TV -audio-output to AudioSystem (=BOSE 300) and with this setting the TV -speakers are switched off
greetz
Jos

Highlighted
Noisy Narrator

My tv is an LG, but yes, I have the internal speakers set to off and the sound set to HDMI/Optical out.  I use the Bose 300 all the time when watching tv regardless of the source.

Quiet Contributor

Hello Brandon
Is my sound -question/problem still under investigation ?

Additional info for you:  
To get some reasonable TV sound -output, I must increase the TV -Volume rather high. When I switch (back) to Internet Radio (or the Blue Ray -player) I must decrease the Volume to a much lower value.

Hope toy hear soon frm you
Greetz
Jos

Hi again Jos,

Thanks for the follow-up.

It sounds like the audio level from the TV is quite low.  Are you able to adjust the volume on the Horizon TV Media Box directly?  It may have a variable audio output that is turned down on the box itself.

Let me know if you are able to try this.

Best,

Brandon

Noisy Narrator

I'll bet that is the problem.

Quiet Contributor

Hello Brandon

Cabling -overview of my TV, MediaBox, BOSE -devices

FROM           <-->     TO                              INTERFACE-cable

BOSE ST 300 <--> SONY TV                      HMDI -ARC (& Fiber/Optical)
BOSE ST 300 <--> SONY BlueRAY            HMDI
SONY TV       <-->  HORIZON MediaBox    HDMI

As you can see, the Horizon -MediaBox is only connected to the Sony-TV and not to the BOSE ST-300. The MediaBox Audio-output is thus sent to the BOSE ST300 via the TV. My "poor BOSE ST300 -sound " -question is related to sound comming from TV and MediaBox, in fact the sound is only coming from the TV. Nevertheless I looked in the MediaBox for audio -settings. See below the overview of that. On the SONY TV I had already set the AUDIO -output to FIX but with no better result.
If I set the TV -AudioOutput to "TV speakers", the TV -sound comes from TV and BOSE ST300, but the sounds echoes. I then have to set the TV speaker-volume to a lower value. The usage of 2*Remote Control is then necessary ;-(

As I mentioned before: the sound from Internet-Radio and Blueray -box is excellent. The sound from TV is disappointing poor/weak

Still hoping/seeking for help
greetz
Jos