Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2016

Bose Soundtouch Portable 20 not turning on, no WiFi icon

I have a Soundtouch 20 Portable that I was using quite a bit on Friday (while plugged in).  Yesterday I could not get it to turn on, even the WiFi icon is missing.

I plugged it in overnight last night, nothing.  Today I have spent some time with it and I tried the three different power adapters I have.  With a good amount of trial and error over the course of the morning I could finally get it to turn on.  It turned off.  Did that twice, per the forums did an Aux reset.  Same thing.  So I did a factory reset.  The first time it didn't even stay on long enough to set up.  The second time I got it all set up in the app and set on my WiFi... it lasted only a few minutes longer than that, no matter which power adapter or wall plug I used.  It's currently off fully no WiFi icon and I can't get it back on.

The sad part is, I have three Soundtouch portables and only one ever had problems, such that it's in for repair RIGHT NOW.  This one has never had problems, but this problem seems even worse (no WiFi icon etc) than the last one, so now two of my three are not working, very frustrating for a high end speaker.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose Soundtouch Portable 20 not turning on, no WiFi icon

Hi mjtyrpak,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had so much trouble as of late. Please contact us HERE so we can have that second portable come in for service. 

Thank you