Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Re: Bose Soundtouch and Amazon Alexa Skill - Request for Info from Mike_A_Bose VIP

Hey Bose - since these new tools won't be available until "early next year" (surely meaning that by the time you get your hands on them and actually develop something to use them, it will be quite some time after "early next year" that anything will be in the hands of your customers) maybe, in the meantime, you could release to us the version of the skill that you guys have been working dilligently on since late last year.  After all, we've been waiting and waiting and don't want to wait any more, surely not until well after early next year.  This should be easy because since its release was only a few weeks away in June, you've had plenty of time to dot your I's and cross your T's on that version, right?  After all, you couldn't possibly have been trying to placate us with false promises about vaporware for this entire time, right?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Re: Bose Soundtouch and Amazon Alexa Skill - Request for Info from Mike_A_Bose VIP

Multi room WiFi voice control is now available via Alexa either by direct cable or Bluetooth with Alexa's own smart home skill. I've wasted money on Bose Soundtouch speakers when I could have used any active speaker set up and a few echo dots. I''m almost as angry with Amazon as I am with Bose.
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Also it gives access to Amazon music which Bose doesn't offer in UK
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

I think Amazon is now available for UK SoundTouch systems. Its a bit patchy, but it does work.

I was an amazon music customer, but have now switched to Spotify, which integrates so much better. It costs exactly the same too. 

Also, I have found that if I use a harmony remote, I can use alexa to voice control my bose speakers. It doesnt work effortlessly, but its a work around until the bose alexa skill is released.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Yes, just discovered that, can only access own music and not the universal I can access via my Dots
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2016

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2017

Boo to Bose!

I agree completely with Pete.  I purchased a Bose 300 Hometheater with Sub, 3 Soundtouch 20s and 2 Soundtouch 10s to fill our home with music.  I had purchased the Sonos and actually returned it becuase Bose said they were coming out with an Alexa Skill soon (early 2017).  That is a lot of money spent based on a promise (yes I believe an announcement on a Bose Website that delivery in early 2017 is a promise and I don't care if Apple Play 2 opportunities come up.  That is no excuse to fail to deliver to customers who have already invested a lot of cash in your promises).

Now the promise is Summer of 2017.  Oh wait, its already fall of 2017 and still nothing.  Perhaps some other more pressing opportuities have come for the dev team..

To add insult to injury, I have received an email from alexa this morning saying that now I can contol all of my Sonos speakers from Alexa.  Ouch.  The Sonos team obviously got started way after the Bose team and now they are done.  Bose team, take note,  We don't care about promises and hopes, we care about delivery.  Make it happen.  Now.  I wish I could return my whole Bose system and get a Sonos.  My Reviews will now need to be updated.  I am done Bose.  Not another dollar.   Ever.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Not only can you control Sonos devices via Alexa but they now sell a Sonos speaker with “Alexa built in” for £199. Where is Bose ?. I have spent £500 on Bose sound touch devices, I could have bought 2 Sonos “Alexa included” devices for £400

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Hang on, there IS somethibg Bose gives me that Amazone Alexa doesnt.

I have over 40,000 songs on my hard drive and throufgh Soundtouch I can play them anywhere in the house.

Amazon only offers paid for subscription services like Amazon Music, they, through Alexa cannot connect to my already very large music collection. I kbnow its easy to complain, but Bose gives me what Amazon havent and dont seem to be able to do.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2017

sadly I made a purchase decision and should not have purchased Bose and went with another that works with Alexa, won't make that mistake on next purchase or full system for TV