Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

Re: Bose Soundtouch and Amazon Alexa Skill - Request for Info from Mike_A_Bose VIP

Hi,

any news in here?

I've still 4 Soundtouch and a wireless Link Adapter, waiting for the alexa skill.

I think i had better buy Sonos.

It's so sad.

Sorry for my terrible english, i'm from germany.

Regards Nanouk

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2017

Re: Bose Soundtouch and Amazon Alexa Skill - Request for Info from Mike_A_Bose VIP

I agree, I am happy I only started with a two pack, for Christmas I am getting sound bar and surround so I will sell my two pack and go to Sonos, false marketing on this new feature
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 6, 2016

I honestly wish I'd just bought multiple Echo Pluses. Is the sound quality so superior with Bose that its worth this constant hassle of broken features, promises and support? I'm looking to add audio to a few extra rooms now and previously I would have not hesitated to get another Bose, simply because I already have two. I'm really struggling on what to purchase now though. 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 6, 2016

Hmm, just saw a stickied post that Bose Alexa skill is rolling out! So fingers crossed!

Correction..."Note that the Alexa skill is expected to be available on 12/5." Okay...-_- 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2017

their promise is too late, I am selling my two as I was planning for Christmas to get a Bose soundbar, sub and two more speakers for out TV room. Sonos is the way I will go now and not sure what price the two Bose will get so I can replace them with Sonos who obviously has a better Partner ship with Amazon
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Sonos is definitely the way to go if you haven’t bought into Bose, however Bose offers Aux in and Bluetooth, which Sonos doesn’t. The Sonos Play has a very clunky Alexa interface and not all the services you can get from an Echo. But if you’re happy with WiFi or Ethernet connection and wouldn’t miss Audible books skil you’ll be very happy with Sonos.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2016

Got the Alexa Skill for Bose today, and it does work perfectly. Was it worth the long wait? I’m not sure... but it does at least work as promised, no glitches or bugs. One more step towards total voice control completed. Now for the door locks and lightbulbs.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2017

I cannot find this skill on Alexa, where/how did you get it. Why have I not received notification from Bose?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2016

In the Alexa app I just went to Skills and searched for Bose and it was there. Maybe it’s a US rollout first? Where are you located?
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

Hi,

America first, dude!

In germany i've not found it yet. But i'm happy about your news and that it works fine.

So i've a bit more hope that it will received germany .

Maybe before x-mas, that will be a nice gift from bose.

best regards and merry x-mas from germany,

Nanouk