Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2017

Re: Bose Soundtouch and Amazon Alexa Skill - Request for Info from Mike_A_Bose VIP

Nothing in german Alexa skill search. I ve waited so long and so happy that they said to download at 12/5
And now? Only u.s. Users. Very sad

When we can download it in europe/germany? 12/5/2018????
Thought about buying a Bose Soundbar to my other Bose SoundTouch 10 at Christmas. But Today i Think its better to wait or buy a sonos system.
Bose customers must wait a long time for new features and german Bose customers are 3rd Class customers. See Amazon Musik and Alexa Integration...
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

Re: Bose Soundtouch and Amazon Alexa Skill - Request for Info from Mike_A_Bose VIP

Same issue here in Canada. The AWS (Amazon Web Services) coding changes to make the skills available in Amazon other country skills are few (especially if they are kept in English). So Bose really has no excuse for not servining their client bases in other countries at the same time. I agree, we (Canada, Germany etc.) are second class Bose users from Bose client service perspective. No excuse at all for this poor service. At the very least, provide a concreate service commitment standard for when they will provide this skill on the various other countries Amazon Apps skill sets. Very poor clent service - again! I don't understand why other companies can get their skills up and running on multiple countries Amazon Apps on a quick basis? What is Bose valid excuse???

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/c53176c7-2f4e-4598-935b-7e5d3b08b97e/how-to-update-you...

In case any one at Bose actually reads this thread.

This is totally unacceptable and should be updated to include Canada at a minimum. Bose, you must provide a timeline for this to be released in other countries.

Between this Bose skill being absent without prior notice (everyone should call BS on this) and the glaring omission of IFTTT from Canadian Alexa, I wonder if there was any point in buying an Echo.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2017

Could you let me know which smart home skill you are using for the multiroom wifi voice control

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2017

How about Hong Kong? I am also about to buy either Sonos or Bose - full multiroom and TV equippment, so will be a substantial investment into a sound system. For me, Alexa is crucial for my decision. 

@bose team or community:

1. will it work in Hong Kong to connect an Alexa dot to the system?
  2. How is it in other countries?
  3. And are there any plans yet to release an Alexa integrated Soundtough 10, 20, 30? Similar to Sonos Play One?

Please let me know if I can expect anything on timing. Happy to wait a bit. But if I don`t hear any indication, I`ll go for Sonos.

Best

MB

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi MB,

I've answered your question here.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

Any word yet on rolling this skill out to Canada?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi tycho81,

Thanks for the question.  We can't talk about specific dates, but I can say that we are working with Amazon to get the skill available in other countries around the World.

When this is available, we will make an announcement on the Community.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

Hi,

I wonder how you can do multi-room with your own library ?

I can do multi-room using airplay on old  ST speakers.

Bose does not support airplay on its latest speakers.

Best Reards

jdum

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi djum,

Thank you for your question! Yes, you can absolutely play music from your music library using the Group or Play All features within the SoundTouch app. As long as your speakers are all connected to your home network! 

With the Alexa skill, you can say "Alexa, ask Bose to Play All". 

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support