Bose_Lover_AMP
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Bose Soundtouch wireless adapter - No Bluetooth Capability

I have one of these units and it does connect with both WiFi and Bluetooth (via SoundTouch app) with no issues so I bought another one last week but realized that it did not come with Bluetooth capabilily.

After looking closely, I just realized that the model numbers of the 2 units are a little bit different.

412451-SM2

I cannot find any information online about the differences between these 2 model numbers. Could someone please explain what are the differences between these 2?

Thanks!

Bose Soundtouch Wireless Adapter For Cinemate Systems With Media Box - 716266-0110 001.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Soundtouch wireless adapter - No Bluetooth Capability

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bose_Lover_AMP

Hi Alex,

You're correct.  The SM2 with Bluetooth is the newer version.  

The part number for the SM2 version should be 738854-0110.  Aesthetically on the outside of the adapter, there is zero difference aside from that (and the label on the bottom of the adapter itself).

If you do need to purchase one, you can buy one directly from us over the phone.  Search for your local support center by selecting your country, going to the bottom of the page and clicking "Contact Us."

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Bose_Lover_AMP,

Thanks for posting. That's a great question. If you are looking for Bluetooth connectivity then you would need to use the SM2 adapter. I am not sure what you are planning to use it on but it's not compatible with the SA4 amplifier and the JC series I and II. 

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Highlighted
Bose_Lover_AMP
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

Hi Tony!

Thanks for the quick response. That makes sense as the SM2 adapter is the one that has a BT capability on it. So can I safely assume that SM2 is a later model?

Also, this is where it gets a little tricky.  There are items being sold out there but they all carry a generic name "Bose Soundtouch Wireless Adapter" and both of these models look identical.  . 

When you buy a new one in a box, how can you tell if you are buying the SM2 without looking at bottom of the actual unit which is contained in a sealed box? 

The material number on the box of the new one that I just I bought (with no Bluetooth) shows "716266-0110". But I do not have the original box of the SM2 unit to compare the material numbers with.

I really need to find the correct unit (SM2 unit) if I buy another one. I really appreciate any information you could share.

Kind Regards,

-Alex

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bose_Lover_AMP

Hi Alex,

You're correct.  The SM2 with Bluetooth is the newer version.  

The part number for the SM2 version should be 738854-0110.  Aesthetically on the outside of the adapter, there is zero difference aside from that (and the label on the bottom of the adapter itself).

If you do need to purchase one, you can buy one directly from us over the phone.  Search for your local support center by selecting your country, going to the bottom of the page and clicking "Contact Us."

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Bose_Lover_AMP
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 10, 2017

I got the information I needed. Thanks, Brandon!