Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 12, 2017

Bose Soundtouch with Alexa in Hong Kong

Bose Soundtouch lags behind Sonos in terms of Alexa integration. How about Hong Kong? I am about to buy either Sonos or Bose - full multiroom and TV equippment, so will be a substantial investment into a sound system. For me, Alexa is crucial for my decision. 

@bose team or community:

1. will it work in Hong Kong to connect an "Alexa Dot" to the bose system?
  2. Are there any plans yet to release an Alexa integrated Soundtouch 10, 20, 30 and to the Soundbar 300? Similar to Sonos Play One?

Please let me know if I can expect anything on timing. Happy to wait a bit. But if I don`t hear any indication, I`ll go for Sonos.

Best

MB

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Bose Soundtouch with Alexa in Hong Kong

Hi MB,

Thanks for the post.

1. At this time, the skill is only available for US based Amazon accounts.  It will be released for other countries in time, but there is no timetable that has been made public.

2. I don't know of any plans to release Alexa integrated systems, but I can inquire with the dev team to see if this is on the horizon.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

Just woundering when the Alexa skill for bose Soundtouch will be avalerble in the UK...

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi MkArilius, 

Thank you for the question. We don't have a timeline for the expansion of the Alexa skill to other regions just yet. When we have an update on this, we will let the community know. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

I really wouldn't hold your breath on this happening ever, they said it was going to be released in early 2017 but it

never happened. It's now early 2018 and still no sign of it happening.