Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

Bose Soundtouch

Hi, I have a Bose SoundTouch 130 home theater system and a Wireless SoundTouch adapter connected to another speaker. Soundtouch 130 is connected to Sky, DVD, Apple TV and gaming console. 

I am able to play internet music and my computer playlist simultaneously in both the devices through soundtouch app installed on my iphone and computer.

Curious to know if there anyways I can have the output from TV, apple TV or DVD from SoundTouch 130 home theater system streaming to Wireless SoundTouch adapter as well i.e play the tv sound on both the speakers?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2016

Re: Bose Soundtouch

Sorry Mkojha,

This topic has been beaten to death and unfortunately we Soundtouch 130 suckers are out of luck as the system will not rebroadcast anything plugged into the TV or Aux Hdmi inputs.

Bose recently posted an update saying "Aux rebroadcasting is in the works for hopefully late summer" but that has been promised for quite sometime. They also stated in the same post that the ST 120 & 130 will not be included in this future update because of "firmware incapatability".

Kind of ridiculous that the system designed to be the hub of a 2016 entertainment system is basically the equivalent of a 1980 stereo receiver with bluetooth (oooh, how fancy and technologically advanced) capability.

Please join me and my fellow ST 130 breathen with dispensable income in boycotting all things Bose until they rectify this calamity.