Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2016

Bose Sountouch Portable Stops Playing Music until unplugged and restarted

I have three Soundtouch Portables purchased at different points and one of them is a litte more of a problem.

Whether playing internet radio or Pandora after a random amount of time it will stop playing.  The screen will still be on and new track names will come up but no sound until a restart.  This could be after ten minutes or an hour or two.  Even turning on and off in the app, it may work.. but eventually it doesn't.

I had this problem months ago and then an app update seemed to fix it, now it is doing this again with the latest update.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose Sountouch Portable Stops Playing Music until unplugged and restarted

Hi mjtyrpak

What is the name of the system that is having the issue? Have you tried switching the position with one of the other portables that is working normally? If not, can we try to re-position them and re-test? Can you try to hold the AUX button for 15 seconds on the system that is not working properly? This should reset the unit. Can you also try to unplug your router for 30 seconds and re-test? What is the make and model of the router you are using? 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2016

Brent,

Thanks for your response. When I restart it, it works with no issue, but again for a random amount of time. 20 mknutes, 3 hours etc. But even if I use it for say an hour with no issue, when it goes to idle and I try to use it the next day it will wake up the screen will show the station etc. But no sound comes out, changing station etc. Doesn't work. Restarting it solves the problem but is really annoying as I like using this one every morning when I'm getting ready and the restart takes a long time and defeats the purpose of the app control. This unit on my account is Maple B. I have inspired repaired, renamed etc since the last update. Router is Netgear Nighthawk AC1900. Which I've had for a long time and works on my other two Soundtouch without issue.

Side note I have a Soundtouch at work paired to a shared work email... Any way to control that from this login?

Thanks Mike
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Mike, 

I really believe there's an issue with that particular unit of SoundTouch portable. On my side I'm showing that it has great signal strength and if it's doing what you describe, I think it needs service. Please call your regional support group HERE to set this up. 

Because your work SoundTouch is on a different network, there's no way to control it from your current login using our app. If you have a Spotify premium account, however, you can use the Spotify connect feature in their app and control the system just like it was next to you. The only caveat being that you can only play music from Spotify.

Thank you 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2016

Brent,

Since our emails... this problem has not occurred (knock on wood) very strange, but I'm glad it seems to be working for now.  Have used several times over the several days without a freeze or reboot.

I hope this continues to work without issue, it's very strange, but glad it is working correctly now.

Mike
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2016

Today it wouldn't play music after turning on.  I restarted it played but for less than 10 minutes, I guess the problem is not solved.