Alcowboys
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2018

Bose St300-ps4 audio delay

Iam having audio delay problems and its driving me crazy I'm not the best with technology but right now I have a
Lg 4k player
Ps4 pro
Spectrum cable box
My tv is a samsung un65ku6500f
I have my st300 in the hdmi arc port and my ps4 and 4k player are in the other available hdmis
The audio delay is small but irritating. Any fix would be great
7 REPLIES 7
Castiel
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2016

Re: Bose St300-ps4 audio delay

I have the same problem, but with a Lifestyle 650 and the AppleTV 4K.
With Dolby Vision content, it's the worst. But no matter what content is played, it is not in sync.

BigBlue007
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 1, 2018

Both of you should check how it's going when connecting a source device (PS4, ATV4 or whatever else) to a Bose HDMI Input. If there is no delay in this setup, the delay is caused by the TV when it's passing through audio from its HDMI inputs to the ARC port. In this case there won't be much that Bose can do about it.

What you can then try if you still want to hook your sources to the TV rather than the Bose is to change the audio output format of your TV from "Dolby Digital" or "Bitstream" or "Multichannel" (or whatever it might be called in a Samsung TV) to "Stereo" or "2-Channel" or "PCM".

My TV (Philips) adds an uncorrectable audio delay to all audio it sends out (no matter if coming from built-in sources like tuners or apps, or from external HDMI sources) when the audio format is Dolby Digital bitstream. The only way to solve that is to configure audio output to 2-channel stereo. That might help in your situation as well, however when doing so you will loose the Bose's capability to process 5.1 Dolby Digital sources. For simpler soundbars that can only do stereo this might not be much of a problem, but for the ST300, let alone LS650, this is quite a sacrifice. That's one of the reasons why I have opted for a HDMI switch that I'm using to hook up all my HDMI sources to the one HDMI input port of the ST300.

Castiel
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2016

My AppleTv is connected to the lifestyle with HDMI and there are these problems with the sound. The sound comes first and then the picture.
Unfortunately, this only occurs with the AppleTV. My Oppo 203 does not have these problems.

BigBlue007
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 1, 2018

If audio is before picture and not the other way round, you should be able to correct this using the audio delay setting in the Bose. Don't know about the Lifestyle systems, but the ST300 has such a setting.

Castiel
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2016

Unfortunately that does not work. The Lifestyle 650 has this possibility but unfortunately it does not work.

Alcowboys
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2018

There is a setting in the app but it's only for a hdmi in my ps4 is hooked directly to the tv and connected via bluetooth I will try it though
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello Alcowboys

Thanks for posting on the Community!

I would recommend BigBlue007 recommended regarding trying connecting the source directly to the soundbar either with the HDMI In or through the optical port.  This will confirm where the lag is being introduced.

Regarding the AV Sync setting in the SoundTouch app, this was designed to delay the SoundTouch 300's audio stream so that it can sync with other SoundTouch speakers on the network when grouped together which will actually make the issue worse. 

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support