Highlighted
WoodyJnr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

Bose Virtually Invisible 300 Not Working With Bluray Player

The speakers work fine with my cable tv and apple tv but i've tried it with two different bluray players, a sony and a panasonic and no sound comes out from the speakers. My Soundtouch 300 is connected via hdmi arc and i've looked at all the settings of the two bluray players and can't figure out the problem. If anybody has a solution please help.

3 REPLIES 3
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Re: Bose Virtually Invisible 300 Not Working With Bluray Player

Kindly provide more details as:

Tv model - firmware version running

How connected

BDP Firmware 

Detailed settings regardind audio output setting on both tv and bdp.

Last but not least and most importantly what is the source audio of your discs?

WoodyJnr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

The tv is a Sony KDL-55W800A and the soundtouch 300 is connected to the tv's hdmi arc port.

I've tried a Sony BDV-N9200W and a Panasonic DMP-BD84GN-K bluray player connected to one of the tv's hdmi ports.

When playing any bluray disc i only get sound from the soundbar and no sound comes from the virtually invisible 300's.

The surrond speakers work fine with my apple tv and cable tv box so i know nothing is wong with the surround sound  speaker connection.

MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Wow, thats all you can answer? Cmon man you are asking for help and aren't providing any information despite "it is all connected correctly"..

1. Is your tv able to passthrough dolby digital and/or dts? Some are others aren't.
2. In case they are. Make sure the playback mode for hdmi arc is set to dolby/dts/bitstream or even automatic instead of pcm
Check if you need to set the tv to some kind of by-pass mode.
3. In case they aren't the correct choice would be a direct connect in with the st300 via hdmi direct in but keep in mind that you have to activate it inside the app!

4. Check for the audio output settings on the bd players. And do the same as described above for tv audio output.

I suspect your tv being unable to process dts audio to the st300 while the bd player is connected to your tv. Some manufactures like panasonic aren't willing to pay for the DTS licenses for their tvs hence no passthrough of dts audio is available. My old philips tv couldnt handle it as well. Not sure about Sony though. Only know LG is having licenses of both dolby and dts.

So i'd try a direct connection and see what it does. It needs do be some silly configuration hickup as the other output scenarios seem to work fine.