Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Bose Wave SoundTouch Music System IV won't stay connected

Recieved my Bose Wave this week and like it...when it can play music.  The app on my phone continues to search for the speaker on a regular basis (connection usually doesn't last through one song).  Connectivity (using Pandora) last about one song and then it displays "Connecting to Network".  Once it does connect it replays the song it just finished.  Seems that radio and CDs are really the only way to get cosistent music on this system.   Router is about 30 feet away with a strong signal. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Bose Wave SoundTouch Music System IV won't stay connected

Hi sbird,

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear about the connectivity issue you're experiencing. I'd be happy to help! 

Let's start with the troubleshooting steps found HERE

Let us know if this helps at all!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

It does seem that the Bose is very sensitive to anything electronic being around it.   Will try to figure out a spot where it won't be disturbed and make sure cell phones don't get too close.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi sbird, 

Please keep us posted and let us know if these steps don't resolve it. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

Brent,

Moved the Bose system to an area that is a good 10 feet from any electronics and only maybe 20-25 feet from the router.   When using the app from my phone and using either Amazon or Pandora the phone frequently searches for the speaker and the Bose often drops the connection or even starts songs over again.

Obviously I can just connect to my phones bluetooth but at that point I should return the system and just get some bluetooth speaker.  

Any more suggestion?   Would it act the same if it was hard wired with some Cat 6?

Thanks,

Shane

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 20, 2017

EDIT: I did what I said I did, & after I did it, everything worked for me. BUT I just went in to Soundtouch > Settings > About, out of curiousity, to check the signals & connections on my various devices, & found that the 5 devices are using three different networks, one of which is 5 GHZ and the other two, 2.4 GHz. The 5 GHz & one of the 2.4s emanate from my Airport Extreme router, while the other 2.4 emanates from my internet provider's combination modem/router. Yet all my connections are Good, except for one which is Great. Four of my five devices seem to have migrated away from the network I originaly attached them to. So what I believed worked for me may have been illusory, or magic, or something. 

I have an imac & an iphone, and what worked for me was to first setup the Wave connecting to Soundtouch on my imac via usb, then follow the instructions on the Soundtouch app on my iphone to finish the setup. You need to be sure that your phone & the WAVE are on the same GHz network if your system provides connection using both 2.4 & 5 GHz.