cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cheesie
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2016

Bose Wireless Link Adaptor and Lifestyle SA-2 Stereo Amp.

Can anyone help please (forgive me if I seem a little dense but this is all a bit technical for me!)  I have a Wireless Adaptor and have used it with my Lifestyle 38 with no problems.  I also have some Bose outdoor speakers working from a Lifestyle SA-2 Amp and have tried connecting the Wireless link adaptor to the Aux in, have switched the Amp on - set to Aux - my Soundtouch App playing radio but nothing appears to be reachiing my speakers outside.  Any ideas?  Is it me?  Am I being dense??  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Bose Wireless Link Adaptor and Lifestyle SA-2 Stereo Amp.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Cheesie

Hi again Cheesie,

Hmm, ok.  If you leave the audio cable plugged into the SA-3, unplug it from the SoundTouch adapter and instead plug it into a smartphone and play music directly from there, do we get audio?

If you look at the back of the amp, there is a set of seven switches.  The 2nd switch, is it up or down?  If we switch it up, it will be set to auto-detect audio from the AUX source, which means the amp will turn on automatically instead of requiring input from the expansion remote.  If you change the direction of that switch, make sure you unplug power from the amplifier for a minimum of three minutes to allow it to reset properly.

Let me know what happens!

-Brandon

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Cheesie,

Great question!  Have you made sure the volume on the SA-3 (I'm thinking you have an SA-3 since it has the AUX in) up very high, then turning up the volume on the SoundTouch wireless adapter?

Is the SA amp connected to the Lifestyle 38 as an expansion zone?  Is there a bose link cable running from the Lifestyle console to the SA amp?

Thanks,

Brandon

Cheesie
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2016

HI Brandon

Yes I had the volume up high on both the SA-3 and the Bose Adaptor - the speakers were working fine when playing from the Lifestyle 38 on Stored music/Cable&Sat etc; so obviously the the SA-3 is an expansion zone using Bose Link AL8.  Any suggestions would be gratefully received as trying to ge this up and working for big family BBQ at Easter (hopefully the Birtish weather will accommodate!).

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Cheesie

Hi again Cheesie,

Hmm, ok.  If you leave the audio cable plugged into the SA-3, unplug it from the SoundTouch adapter and instead plug it into a smartphone and play music directly from there, do we get audio?

If you look at the back of the amp, there is a set of seven switches.  The 2nd switch, is it up or down?  If we switch it up, it will be set to auto-detect audio from the AUX source, which means the amp will turn on automatically instead of requiring input from the expansion remote.  If you change the direction of that switch, make sure you unplug power from the amplifier for a minimum of three minutes to allow it to reset properly.

Let me know what happens!

-Brandon

View solution in original post

Cheesie
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2016

Thank you so much - problems solved!

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Great!  Glad I could help!  If you don't mind posting, what was the exact resolution?

-Brandon

Cheesie
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2016

Changing the 2nd of the 7 switches on the SA-3 to auto-detect seemed to do the trick.  Thanks

asobolev
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2017

Hi Brandon,

Will SA-3 auto-detect audio from AUX of SoundTouch adapter if SA-3 is not connected to lifestyle system via boselink? If so, can the volume be controlled at audio source rather than the 10kOhm resistor attached to SA-3 ? 

Regards, Alex

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi asobolev,

Thanks for the question.  Yes, it will auto-detect the audio and you can control volume from the SoundTouch app.  Just make sure that the volume is turned up on the SA-3.

If you have anymore questions let me know!

Best,

Brandon

AvalonMartin
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

Hello. I happen to have purchased a "BOSE SOUNDTOUCH WIRELESS ADAPTER" which was to be used with my AV35. However, when I connected it, it does not show" Network setting" on my display. Is there anyway I can get this to be working, an update or something. Secondly, I also own the Lifestyle 38 & 48 along with the SA3 Amplifier/Expansion remotes & the AL8.  Do you think I can use the "BOSE SOUNDTOUCH WIRELESS ADAPTER" with any of these systems. I could not quite understand how to connect to the mentioned to the SA3 amplifier, and neither am I able to setup the soundtouch app due to this. Please help. Thanks.