Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siemen12
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 28, 2017

Bose acoustimass 300 bass

I just added my acoustimass 300 bass module to my soundtouch 300 soundbar.

I turned my bass to the max with the volume + button. The led indicator is in the end of the right corner.
But still i dont think the bass is high enough. I love to listen dance music but the bass sounds far too soft.
Altough it sounds very clear and good.

My Question is. Is there a chance to get more bass out of it at low volume?
Or is there maybe an update in the making for the app to apply more bass?

So not then im affraid i need to bring this set back to the store 😞

I love everything on this set but i really miss bass bounces with dance music on low and a bit on high volume.. my old set gave me much more bass 😞

I hope there is a solution! Because i think there is much more bass power in the bass module but it doesnt come out..
15 REPLIES 15
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose acoustimass 300 bass

Hi Siemen12, 

Have you run ADAPTiQ yet? If not, please run the setup to see if that increases the bass to where you would like. We have steps HERE that can guide you. Also, where is the Acoustimass module located? The closer the unit is to a wall or corner, will result in an increase of bass. Can you try it closer to a wall? We also have an article HERE that could help. 

Thank you 

Tiyrell
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 28, 2016

The sub should be able to generate loads of Bass. In fact, after Adaptiq I turn it down just 1 notch.

I love the quality and amount of the Bass.

The Adaptiq is indeed very important, please let us know how the adaptiq went for you.

Also, Try different locations in your room, this can also matter a lot. For me it was best to place it in front of me close to the Bar. When I put it under the couch I vibrated of of it but I could not hear the bass that well. Acoustics can be weird 🙂

Let us know!

Siemen12
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 28, 2017

My Acoustimass is placed near to the soundbar and near by the wall.

and i did adapt IQ many times to try out wich headset setup gives the most bass.. The lower bass tunes are very good bit still i dont get the high bass tunes.

Only thunder sounds u hear very good but higher level bass tones in dance music i cant screw up with this system 😞 

Beside that the low bass is very good but i miss the upper bass levels.

I hope Bose can add a function in the app to get more higher bass tunes out of it.

That will make this system perfect.

itsgauravkumar
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Same with my Acoustimass 300. I dont get thunderous sound anymore.

The quality of bass just got reduced (may be after recent firmware upgrade).

What is the fix? I have already tried reconfiguring the system from scratch (including Adapt IQ).

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi itsgauravkumar and andy764,

Thanks for the posts.  This is something we have escalated up to the engineers and it is currently being investigated.  We will update the forum once we have more information.

Thanks,

Brandon

Siemen12
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 28, 2017

Im glad to hear that i'm not the only one suffering this problem.
I almost sold my soundtouch set and bought the sonos system.. but for now i will wait untill there is a good solution for this problem. But i dont want wait long after paying 1600 euro's!
Please bring back that bouncing bass!

I hope u guys keep me updated..
henquepenke
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 1, 2017

Hello Brandon,

I just want to make my voice heard as another user with the same problem.
After spending close to 2000 euros for the entire system, it's more than a bit frustrating to see problems like this after firmware update. An update that made the subwoofer totally redundant.

The product we have now is not the product we bought. The sound is completely different.

I have no desire to manually downgrade etc.

I think it's unacceptable how long it takes for you to fix the problem;
- It is the "flagship" among consumer products that are affected.
- The solution is available (previous firmware).

Looking forward to getting the problem resolved as soon as possible.

RahulMenon
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

Hi Brandon,

This is something that I have also experienced. I updated the firmware to 15.0.20 2 weeks back and the systems were perfectly fine. But recently, I had to perform a factory reset on ST300 (due to another sync amber light issue), and since then I have observed almost no bass from AM300. In fact, after the factory reset, I found the bass from ST300 itself to be much better, but from AM300 there is absolutely no value add.

In another thread, few people have reported that after downgrading to firmware 14.X.XX, the bass on AM300 is back to normal. Can you please confirm if this is a firmware issue? I spoke to the local Customer Care and Bose Service Center in India; they had no clue and they have informed me to bring the system for inspection.

Regards,

Rahul

Shreyas1983
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 13, 2017

@RahulMenon It 100% a firmware issue. I know of atleast 2 people who have downgraded to previous firmware manually and restored the bass. I have done it myself and it's worked fine since then. Instructions on how to downgrade here:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Downgrading-to-best-version-14-80-6-Working/td-p/5...