Bose and Alexa
I see that this topic has been covered (to some extend) but I never get a clear answer whether Alexa is just not available for Bose SoundTouch speakers or if it’s my setup. I know that the "SKILL" is available for download on the Alexa portal but does it really work or is it just a marketing stunt? I´m a software engineer and have never gotten it close to working.
The Bose hardware is fantastic but you can´t rely on that alone and good software is a really important component when selecting speakers today so I hope that Bose won’t let SONOS get too far away. They certainly have some catching up to do. SONOS just plug and play no problem.
Questions I have:
- Will Bose ever be (like SONOS) a "Speaker Device" option that is detectable by Alexa and not just rely on on the "Skills"?
- Is Bose aware of the "Skills" issues in Alexa as I can’t get anything to work? Yes I am using English
- If yes to the above, is there some roadmap and dates we can expect an enjoyable Alexa experience or shall we just convert to SONOS?
- Bose is very sensitive to Wi-Fi Channels. I constantly have to reconfigure my router. Will this issue be addressed so I don’t have to fiddle around? I happen to have SONOS too and never a bit of problems.
- Probably not related but I added a Spotify playlist to my Bose channel (1-6). It would be nice to play it in Shuffle mode otherwise you always get the same order. Again here Bose could improve the music service integration.
Thank you in advance.