Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2017

Re: Bose disconnects from wifi frequently.

I am new to this so forgive me if I post something wrong.  I have Bose soundtouch 30s at our downtown store which have always been disconnecting from the network.  I also have the same system at our house which never disconnects from the network.  I do not know if this is any help but what I did is this: At the store I have a combination modem/router (Motorola Arris).  This has a lease time on connected devices that I have never been able to get to work (hold the connection).    I added a Linksy's router (home unit) and connected that into the Motorola.  I then connected all of the devices to the Linksy's. So far it has worked flawlessly since then.  Here's hoping?  The Linksy's doesn't have the lease time option which I believe is what was giving me all of the headaches.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2017

Hi
Same issue, i purchased 2 SoundTouch 10 and installed Bose app on iOS.
i configured both SoundTouch. I played with the app and everything was ok using several iOS devices. I Switch off the system for some hours. When I came back, i re-opened Bose app on iOS and it was impossible to connect the soundtouch : no connexion.
my wifi is working without problem, any idea ?
note :

I reseted both soundtouch, did the wifi config again and same issue after some hours.

i can switch on the soundtouch and play music using buttons.

I spend some time to read all the replies below and was not able to find any fix or clear solution from Bose.

Thanks in advance
regards

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2017

Sorry this is so long but I wanted to try to explain it as well as I could.

This issue is exactly what kept happening to me.  The only problem with playing music with the buttons (the supplied remote) is that the speakers will not be in sync.  I used these at our downtown store for seven months resetting the speakers (almost daily) before I found a fix a couple weeks ago.  I went into my router settings (at our home) and checked the settings and then I did the same thing at the store.  The one at the store has the lease time (the amount of time the router lends to a wireless device when it connects) and the one at home doesn’t have the lease time.  So I picked up another router and plugged it into the first one, checked the settings on the new one to make sure it didn’t have the option for the lease time, and plugged it into the original one. Now my original router (Motorola Arris never drops my second router (Linksy’s) because it is always connected, and all of my devices go through the Linksys and they never get disconnected because of no lease time.  Everyday I go into the store this is the first thing I check and so far, knock on wood, they have worked perfectly every day.  Hope this helps.

By the way,  I absolutely love Bose but I do not like there technical support.  I called multiple times and never did get through to them.  One time was for more than an hour.  I always eventually had to hang up because I was working at the store. This would be my only issue with Bose.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2017

Thanks Danl for sharing your experience and workaround.

I can't imagine to purchase another router to solve this issue. The only workaround i found is to desable and re-enable my wifi (More simple than a full soundtouch re-configuration).

I absolutely love Bose too but based on the number of posts related to this topic i do expect some support and a fix from Bose.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2017

Similar problem here.  Internet radio works great, but SoundTouch 30 disconnects from an iTunes Playlist running on my home computer every half hour or so.  iPhone app says "Hmm, something happened."  Clicking on the preset button on the speaker assigned to this feed starts it back up where it left off.  Computer is set to never sleep.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2017

Support queried my speaker and said signal strength was very low even though the router is within 15 feet.  They suggested turning off my cordless phone (which is next to the router).  So far this has seemed to fix the issue.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2017

Are you not listening?  Do all of you people read the same script?  BOSE 10 HAS A SERIOUS PROBLEM and you start saying "is it close enough to the router."  I have several WIFI devices that work great and are far from the router (phone?  TV? Tablet?)  Grow the heck up and answer the darn question.  Admit it is a problem and issue AFRs.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2017

I ask a question from BOSE and get ???????????  Questions from BOSE!  How about answers.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2017

TEMPORARILY??????? HUH????? HOW ABOUT SOMETHING PERMANENT?  LIKE A AFR?????

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2017

I'LL ELABORATE!  COUNT THE DARN AMOUNT OF COMPLAINTS.  SEND ME A AFR.