Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dory
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Bose sound touch 10 & 20 keeps on deconnecting since february 2020

Hi, I'm hoping somebody can help here, cause getting a bit desperate. 

Since November I bought both the Soundtouch 10 & 20. Never had any issue with it, till february 2020.

Both systems keep on deconnecting or the "wheel" on the 20 keeps on turning. "service not available".

- The WIFI signal is good, I even had it reviewed now at the telecom operator just to make sure the problem was not situated at their side, but no issues to find there (also, everything else works fine on my wifi, it's only the bose)

- the app also gives a "good" wifi signal in the information tab

- when you pull the plug, and try again, it's up an running till the next time it falls out (and this can be multiple times a day)

- I already changed the radio streaming from TuneIn to Radioplayer, but this does not change a thing.

- SPotify on the contrary works perfect! There this problem does not occur...

So, if any suggestions, or solutions, I would be so glad to hear this. 

I have contacted the Bose helpdesk, but they put the blame on the wifi (pffff....)

I'm going to try to delete both systems from my app tomorrow and reconnect them, but after this, don't know what I can try anymore... (maybe separate the wifi? Is the sound touch sensible to 2,4 of 5? But this wasn't a problem till february, so...)

Thanks already in advance for all possible help...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Bose sound touch 10 & 20 keeps on deconnecting since february 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Dory

Hello Dory, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your speakers disconnecting. 

I would recommend checking your internet's channel settings. It may be set to automatically switch which can cause a detrimental effect on the performance of the speakers. Please change it to a number instead of auto. 

Further to this, I would recommend splitting the 2.4ghz and 5ghz network bands into two separate SSIDs and set all the speakers up to one of the SSIDs. 

Finally, please try the following as a means of general troubleshooting: 

1. Unplug the router from power for 5 minutes then plug back in.

2. Unplug the speakers from power for 1 minute then plug back in. 

3. Ensure the speakers are running the latest firmware/reinstall the current firmware by pressing and holding Preset 4 and Vol- for ten seconds. 

Give this all a try and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jeff_G

Re: Bose sound touch 10 & 20 keeps on deconnecting since february 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Dory

Hello Dory, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your speakers disconnecting. 

I would recommend checking your internet's channel settings. It may be set to automatically switch which can cause a detrimental effect on the performance of the speakers. Please change it to a number instead of auto. 

Further to this, I would recommend splitting the 2.4ghz and 5ghz network bands into two separate SSIDs and set all the speakers up to one of the SSIDs. 

Finally, please try the following as a means of general troubleshooting: 

1. Unplug the router from power for 5 minutes then plug back in.

2. Unplug the speakers from power for 1 minute then plug back in. 

3. Ensure the speakers are running the latest firmware/reinstall the current firmware by pressing and holding Preset 4 and Vol- for ten seconds. 

Give this all a try and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post