Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Bose soundbar 300 HDMI ARC Connection problems

Hi MOHSINFAROOQ, 

We have responded to your post HERE

Hi Jaxbeer, 

Can you elaborate a little further on your issue? How often does the audio drop out? When it drops out, is the Bose still visible by the TV as an audio device? Can you check to see if there is a software update available for your TV? Have you tried unplugging the TV and the soundbar from power to see if that helps?

Hi Bazza, 

To clarify, are you having the issue where HDMI ARC audio drops out or are you getting drop outs in your rear speakers? 

Thank you 

Jaxbeer
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 16, 2017

Hi,

How often does the audio drop out?

When we change the source of the S300 , to Radio oder to Spotify and the TV is still connected it drops the Connection.

When it drops out, is the Bose still visible by the TV as an audio device?

NO after drop out just help unplugging TV and S300.

Can you check to see if there is a software update available for your TV?

Already done before, actually everything ist up2date.

Have you tried unplugging the TV and the soundbar from power to see if that helps?

Seriously ? I cant even remember if it was now 100 or 200 times that i unplugged both...HDMI too...

Was thinking about buying the Sub but now i wont...

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Jaxbeer

Thank you for clarifying. Having to reboot your system so many times must be very frustrating. My apologies for the issue. Have you tried adjusting the CEC setting on the soundbar to "Alternate On"? Let me know if this doesn't work. Here are the steps to do so:

1. In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select the system] > Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC.
  2. To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option
    1. Default On Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. Off: Disables CEC
  3. Press the X in the upper right to close the window

Hi Bazza, 

I'm going to move your posts to their own thread, so we can continue to troubleshoot,  since what you are experiencing is not ARC audio dropping out. 

Thank you 

rgardner50
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2017

Please let me know, Bose sent me a replacement 300 soundbar same problem.  This soundbar worked great until a software update a month ago, now I'm using optical and what i paid for either

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi rgardner50, 

Which TV do you have? Did you try the steps that have been mentioned on this thread already? 

Thank you 

MOHSINFAROOQ
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2017

Hi Brent,

Apologise was not able to reply.  my software are upto date now on tv aswell. i am using KS7000 series TV. also i have follow all the procedure you have recomendered earlier. still the same issue.. also yesterday i have spoken to Bose technical team they also confirm that alot buyer having the same issue with samsung tv since the new update launch. and they are trying to resolve this issue. but not sure how long it will take. 😞  

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi MOHSINFAROOQ,

Thank you for clarifying. I have escalated this up to the software team on my end. 

Kind Regards,

Brent 

Msagman
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2017

This problem persists. Is Bose still working on it or do they falsely think they fixed it already.
pr4vi
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

Hi Brent,
I have a samsung ue55h6400. Up until today the hdmi arc was working fine. After an update check, which was dpne through the remote control, which said "Hm something went wrong" the arc has stopped working. Samsung tv does not recognise any receiver. So i reset the soundbar and also the tv. Still the same problem. Not sure whats happening.
Msagman
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2017

@Brent_B

Pulling my info in from the other thread to this one.  I have the Soundtouch 300 with updated software.  I have Samsung QN55Q7FAM on software version 1138.  The soundtouch worked fine for a couple weeks after initial installation.  Then, shortly after (around the same time as) the software update, the ARC stopped working.  On the Samsung, it now shows as an unknown device.  It is not recognized as an audio option in that selection area.  To get me through, I have installed an optical cable in the interim.  I have done all the resets, etc.  I just have not tried to role back the software to 14.x.  I figure I should not have to do that.  I was finally able to talk with Bose (no easy task given the limited working hours (for those of us on the west coast, basically need to take of work or get up extra early).  Went through resets with them as well.  No success.  At this point, they are going to swap out the unit to make sure it is not a hardware failure.  On the call, they did indicate that Bose is working with varioius venders to ensure ARC compatability issues.  Given Samsung is a pretty major player in the TV space, I would think they should be at the top of the list.