rjfagan64
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

Bose soundbar 300 - how do I leave on TV output?

I have a Sountouch Soundbar 300 connected to my TV (Sony fairly new) and every time I turn my TV on, I also have to use the Bose remote to switch the output to TV (the button with the picture of the TV) to get the sound from the TV to start playing via the soundbar. I am hoping that I can make this as my default so that I don't have to do this action every time I turn the TV on. it will also help simplify usage for visitors. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
htims1989
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Re: Bose soundbar 300 - how do I leave on TV output?

Your TV most likely has support for ARC and HDMI CEC. If you plug the sound bar into the HDMI port that has ARC on it (usually port 1) and ensure HDMI CEC is enabled on both devices, it should just automatically turn on and set the sound bar to the correct input.

HDMI CEC is called different things by different manufacturers, I think it’s called Bravia Link on Sony TVs. Good luck!

Keith_L

Hi rjfagan,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I would be happy to help get your soundbar working as you want.

@htims1989, thank you for your assistance, you are correct. One way we can get this working is by using the CEC controls with your TV and the soundbar if we are using an HDMI connection. BraviaSync is the name that Sony has given the HDMI CEC controls on their TVs so we would want to make sure this is enabled.

If we are using an optical cable to connect to the TV, we can use the auto-wake feature on the soundbar to do this as well. When we have auto-wake enabled, the soundbar will turn on when it detects a signal from the TV.

To enable this we would want to press and hold the power button on the remote until we hear a tone. A rising tone means auto wake has been enabled, if we were to press and hold the power button again, we should get a descending tone to let us know it has been disabled.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rjfagan64
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

This solution worked a treat, thank you so much. FYI i had previously connected my soundbar via the digital optic cable... so after reading this, i used HDMI and now i'm sorted. Thanks again