deeapk1110
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

Bose soundbar 700 with bass module 500

Will the Bose soundbar 700 connect/work with Bose bass module 500 ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Bose soundbar 700 with bass module 500

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jason_G

Hi deeapk1110,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community.

Yes, either the BM500 or BM700 will work with either the SB500 or SB700.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
MykelNeiD
Leader
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

If you'd read the FAQ on the product page you'd likely know the answer. Quick hint, its the last point of the FAQ. You're welcome!

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jason_G

Hi deeapk1110,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community.

Yes, either the BM500 or BM700 will work with either the SB500 or SB700.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

View solution in original post

Adam19
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2018

Compatibly question

Hi,

can you guys tell me i the 700 sound bar is compatible with the 500 sub? I’m thinking it is but, I wanted to be sure. If it does, I’ll be saving money going with the 500 sub vs the 700 sub.

tippex
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

Re: Compatibly question

Soundbar 700 is compatible with both the 500 bass module and the 700 bass module. Another option would be to see if you can find an Acoutimass 300 bass module in clearance or used.  This is what I am using with my Soundbar 700 as I had previously had it paired with my soundtouch system.  As far as I can tell it is identical to the 700 bass module, but just under a discontinued product name.

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello tippex,

Thank you for the continued help on the community, this is always much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

arohn18
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2018

Thanks Tippex!

I aactually found the answer on my own after I had already asked on here, lol! I went ahead and got it because it’s $250 cheaper than the 700 bass is, I just hope I’m not missing out on anything because I went cheaper... I’m saying that because I’m not finding the bass as strong as I thought it should he. Got any ideas why? I did redo the AdaptiQ setup (twice) after I connected the bass and that didn’t make a difference. I have it sitting by a wall my entertainment center but it’s not touching either one. The bass is definitely working because I can hear it, it’s just not as strong as I’d think it should be. Could the reason be due by the spots I chose when I didn’t the AdaptiQ setup?

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi arohn18,

Thanks for the post and questions.

AdaptIQ will calibrate the audio to those areas where you stood or sat during the calibration process. This should not take away the bass from your system. You also have the capability in the Bose Music app under "Adjustments" to adjust the bass to your preferred label.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Adam19
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2018

Thanks Joel, I had already did that. I actually found out by reconfiguring the settings in the Bose app (along with the bass setting) I was able to get more of the “thundering” bass out of it that I was looking for. I still don’t think I’m getting quite the bass I remember getting from my old Bose system but, that had a bigger bass module ( I had a 3.2.1) so, that’s probably why I’m thinking. Still decent bass though and I’m still pleased and a huge difference over just the Soundbar alone.