marshalsingh
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2018

Bose soundtouch 10 disable sleep timer.

When is bose planing to disable sleep timer in soundtouch 10 in aux mode? Please keep this on priority. Using soundtouch 10 as amazon echo output but in aux mode speaker sleeps and echo doesn't respond to commands or reminders. Please take this on priority.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Bose soundtouch 10 disable sleep timer.

Hey Marshalsingh,

Thank you for reaching out to the community! I will be happy to help.
From what you've described, it sounds like your echo device is having difficulty communicating with your Soundtouch 10.

I recommend that you try the following: 

-Can you check if a different device that can use the aux mode like a mobile device or a tablet is able to push audio to the speaker?

-Can you also check that the echo can respond to commands and reminders when it is not connected to the Soundtouch 10. 

It's also worth noting that if the Soundtouch 10 doesn't receive an audio signal after a period of time, It can go into standby mode. 

If you could try these steps and if you are still having issues after this please do write back. 

Hope you are having a lovely day! 

Warm regards 
Liam - Community Support

Highlighted
marshalsingh
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2018

Yes it's the 20 min inactivity in aux mode when no sound plays I am talking about. When is Bose planning to disable this timer? This problem is reported since last two year in the community. Please do something about it.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello Marshalsignh, 

Thank you for getting back in touch! 

From what you are explaining, it does sound like you are describing the Standby mode function that kicks in after 20 minutes of inactivity. This is not exclusive to the Aux Mode, this feature goes across the whole system, if the speaker does not receive any audio signal after a period of time it will go into standby mode. 

This is a energy saving feature that is built in to majority of our systems. 

I hope this clears up any confusion you may have. 

Enjoy the rest of your day! 
Liam - Community Support

Highlighted
QuilpieGuy
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

And what he's asking for, and I would also like, is the same feature that exists on the ST300.

The ability to turn that of.

Yes I know you'll pass it on the the development team.