Dutchpats
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

Bose soundtouch 300 does not switch from music to tv and speakers are usually missing!

I bought a Bose Sound bar (ST 300) so I could improve tv sound and have a speaker I could expand upon throughout the house. I bought a ST20 (living), a ST10 (kitchen) and two wireless link adapters, one for the garage and one for outside. To get everything working at the same time takes hours each time I use the system! Once I'm there it is beautiful, but who has this kind of time? I hope Bose is aware of this problem! and will find a fix soon! None of our phones or ipads sees all speakers at all times...It is truly crazy making...When I finally sit down and want to watch tv there is no way I can get the Soundtouch 300 to work (because it played music all day and I know of no way of telling it to think TV (despite the supposedly "super HDMI Arc connection that was to work especially well with a Sony tv that I bought specifically to have a happy marriage with Bose). Not so much!

Can anyone helpwith either of these two issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Re: Bose soundtouch 300 does not switch from music to tv and speakers are usually missing!

Author Accepted Answer selected by Dutchpats

At least for me it is not doing it on its own ,you gotta grab the remote and press the TV button, after listening to music, to tell the St300 to use the tv as source.. that is all and it works flawlessly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Re: Bose soundtouch 300 does not switch from music to tv and speakers are usually missing!

Author Accepted Answer selected by Dutchpats

At least for me it is not doing it on its own ,you gotta grab the remote and press the TV button, after listening to music, to tell the St300 to use the tv as source.. that is all and it works flawlessly

View solution in original post

Highlighted
ricksmartinez
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2018

Use the soundtouch remote and press the aux botton after switching back to have tv sound.