Did you mean: 
doron10
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Bose soundtouch controller app

Hi all 

I just got the bose soundtouch wireless link adaptor 

I live in Israel and I can't find the Bose soundtouch controller app on google play 

Looks like there is a reigon limitation for the application ?

I can only get the bose soundtouch application and it 's does not recognize the adaptor 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Bose soundtouch controller app

Author Accepted Answer selected by doron10

Hi doron10,

If you are streaming content to the Wireless Link Adapter via Bluetooth or WiFi, then you rebroadcast that audio to other SoundTouch speakers, you would indeed be able to hear the same audio on both your home theatre system as well as the other SoundTouch products in the network.

For the Apple Music and Power Amp, we are continuously looking to implement new services and features to the application. Having said that we would not have any information to share at the moment for either service. If we receive any news regarding new services or features, we will make sure to post an announcement on this forum.

Let us know if that helps clear things up a bit! Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
doron10
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Update: 

I succeed to use the android app SoundTouch and connect to my new SoundTouch wireless link, It is not the app that was mention in the manual – different icon but I hope it's the right one

Now I can play music from my mobile using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi with my home theater system

Using AUX

My plan is to add SoundTouch speakers and to stream music to my home theater in parallel to the wireless speakers

The problem is that I play music with Poweramp app from SD card on my cellphone and using the SoundTouch app I can't access the music nor I can use Apple music

Right now I can only stream music from power amp using Bluetooth pairing without Bose SoundTouch app

If I will use Bluetooth to stream the music from my cellphone to the SoundTouch link the SoundTouch can stream the music out to the AUX and to other SoundTouch speakers via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth ?

Is there a way to make  SoundTouch  app support local music on my cellphone or apple music ?

Thanks

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi doron10,

Thanks for the questions, and I'm glad you were eventually able to install the SoundTouch app on your device.

The AUX connection on your SoundTouch systems is an input only, so sound cannot be sent out of it, only into it.  However, if you stream audio to one system using Bluetooth, you can select "Play All" in the SoundTouch app and rebroadcast that to all of the SoundTouch devices in your home.

Currently, the SoundTouch app isn't able to stream music that is stored locally on your phone, but I will send your suggestion up to the software development team.

If you have any more questions, please let us know!

Best,

Brandon

doron10
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Hi Branton 

Thanks for your answer 

Just to be more clear please 

If I stream music to the soundtouch via Bluetooth it will send out to the AUX output and to all Wi-Fi connected speakes ?

regarding the streaming support for local music I"ll wait to see if there is a progress here

I am sure I am not the only one who will be happy to have this feature... 

Regards 

Doron 

Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi doron10,

Thank you for your inquiry. Your SoundTouch speaker will rebroadcast a Bluetooth source using Wi-Fi. The signal is sent from your Bluetooth enabled device to the SoundTouch speaker using Bluetooth. The SoundTouch speaker then sends this information to your wireless router using Wi-Fi. Finally, the router sends this signal to all of your SoundTouch speakers (again, using Wi-Fi), so that they playback the audio simultaneously. The AUX port on your SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter is not currently used for any rebroadcasting purposes. 

I hope this information helps!

Best regards,

Brian

doron10
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Hi Brian

Thanks again for you answers

Right now I have only the controller and it is connected to my home theater system via AUX and I can stream music via Bluetooth and WIFI  from my mobile and PC

So if I will add sound touch speakers the streaming won't go to the speakers  via WIFI in parallel to the AUX ?

And another question – right now the controller application does not support Apple music and application like Power Amp ( for playing local music on mobile devices )

Is there any plans to add support for above-mentioned applications ?

Thanks

Doron

Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Author Accepted Answer selected by doron10

Hi doron10,

If you are streaming content to the Wireless Link Adapter via Bluetooth or WiFi, then you rebroadcast that audio to other SoundTouch speakers, you would indeed be able to hear the same audio on both your home theatre system as well as the other SoundTouch products in the network.

For the Apple Music and Power Amp, we are continuously looking to implement new services and features to the application. Having said that we would not have any information to share at the moment for either service. If we receive any news regarding new services or features, we will make sure to post an announcement on this forum.

Let us know if that helps clear things up a bit! Thanks!

doron10
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Thanks 

That answer my qustions ! 

Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hey doron10!

Anytime! Feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions!

-Michael