Highlighted
MrDave
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

Bose sountouch and open mesh (cloudtrax) access points

My 2 bose soundtouch systems are connected to my network. My network contains 2 Open Mesh (CloudTrax) access points. The soundtouch IV and the 20 can't find each other in the network, so they can't work together. This is the situation: The 20 is in the kitchen. There's one access point. The IV is in the living room and there's the other access point. I believe they're connected that way.
I can't find anything in the settings, but I hope you can help me.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MrDave
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

Re: Bose sountouch and open mesh (cloudtrax) access points

Author Accepted Answer selected by MrDave

Finally found the solution!

Cloudtrax acces points can run two or even more ssid's, so.... ssid 1 is the public network even though I used it as a private network. Earlier my iphone couldn't connect to the ssid 2 so that's why I didn't used this ssid, but now my phone finally connects to the ssid. The acces points were installed correctly, but ssid 2 is supposed to be used as private network. Despite the fact ssid 1 had the same settings. 

Everything works fine now. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi MrDave,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with system communication.

Individually, the Wave ST IV and the ST20 are able to play audio, and you can see them in the SoundTouch App?

If you go into the configuration settings for the CloudTrax, is there anything called "Wireless Isolation" or "AP Isolation" that we can disable?  This might allow communication between APs.

Thanks,

Brandon

MrDave
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for your answer.
It still doesn't work. In the ssid settings there's something called client isolation which was unchecked already. There's nothing like ap isolation or wireless isolation.
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Thanks for the follow-up.  Can you try changing 'IGMP Proxy' under Advanced settings?  Typically we want this setting 'enabled'.

I've been searching through the settings, and I can't find much else that could possibly help.  Let me know if this does/doesn't.

Best,

Brandon

MrDave
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

Hi,

Unfortunately this setting doesn't help.
I hope there's a solution to this problem.

Best regards,
Mr.Mulder
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi MrDave,

Thank you for the additional information. This may seem like a mundane recommendation, but did you reboot your access point(s) after making these adjustments? Many routers/APs won't actually apply changes until a reset has been done. 

Regards,

Brian

MrDave
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

It still doesn't work. Please help. If there's no solution I really want my money back, because it really frustates me. 

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again MrDave,

There must be something else in the network settings that I'm not seeing that would be applicable to the setup here.

Are you running multiple SSID's or just a single SSID?  Are you using 2.4 or 5 GHz, or both?  If both, do they have the same or different SSIDs?

You don't have a splash page or pay-gate enabled, correct?

If both devices are connected to the same Access point, are they able to communicate and work together with "Play All"?

Best.

Brandon

MrDave
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by MrDave

Finally found the solution!

Cloudtrax acces points can run two or even more ssid's, so.... ssid 1 is the public network even though I used it as a private network. Earlier my iphone couldn't connect to the ssid 2 so that's why I didn't used this ssid, but now my phone finally connects to the ssid. The acces points were installed correctly, but ssid 2 is supposed to be used as private network. Despite the fact ssid 1 had the same settings. 

Everything works fine now. 

View solution in original post