Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Bose st 300 hdmi cec power delay

Helo,

I am recently having issue with the Soundbar (Bose St 300) not powering up immediately after the TV (Samsung UN60JU6500F) is turned ON using HDMI ARC. It takes about 30 seconds for the speaker to turn on after the TV is ON and sometime it does not turn on at all. I have turn manually turn on the speaker using the speaker's remote control.

I have reset the speaker to factory default but still having the same issue.

Any body having the same issue? Any advice? I notice there are a lot of issues related to HDMI ARC/CRC on Bose .

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Bose st 300 hdmi cec power delay

Hi UT,

Thank you for posting in the Community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles but would be happy to help!

• Did anything change when this started happening like TV or soundbar updates?
  • Have you tried re-seating the HDMI connections from the TV and soundbar?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Nothing changed, just happened from one day to the next. I changed the HDMI cable and factory reset the speaker. Now I am not getting any sound at all even when the power is on.

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

HI UT

Thanks for the update.  Let's see if we can try these steps to get the audio back:

• First disable CEC on the soundbar by turning it off in the Bose Music app
  • Now, power down the TV and soundbar and then disconnect the power cord on both devices
  • Disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV and wait 1 minute
  • After 1 minute, reconnect power to the TV and the soundbar
  • After powering up the devices, re-enable CEC on the soundbar by navigating back to the Bose Music app
  • After turning CEC back on, reconnect the HDMI cable to the TV and select the TV source on the Bose remote
  • At this point you should have audio from the TV.
  • If you're still not receiving any audio to the soundbar, turn off the TV with the TV remote and wait 30 seconds. 
  • After 30 seconds, try powering the TV back on with the TV remote.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A