Tegwyn
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 6, 2016

Bose the success of advertising over delivery

i have a complex boa system sound touch an  out door system and 2 room speakers and it causes distress rather than pleasure. The app is so unreliable I can not once control the whole system having to relinquish each part when ever I turn it on. It tells me that they are not connected to network when playing streaming music. 
Support is nonexistent 
i would never recommend this system to anybody. Advice on how to make it work reliably or sell it please 
if I sound frustrated I am. I have re set the system 20 times today alone!!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Re: Bose the success of advertising over delivery

That's an extraordinary amount of times to have to reset a system so we apologize you've had so much trouble with the system. 
You may wish to check the wireless signals getting to your devices in the application by going Explore > Settings > About > Select the system. Any signals Fair or Poor should be temporarily relocated closer to the router to determine if this is the cause.  
If this is the case, there are a number of ways to improve your home's wireless signal and we'd be happy to make some recommendations. 
Highlighted
Tegwyn
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 6, 2016

All it says is the system is off line.  However if you look at the components they have strong white wifi signals and can play streaming music. One is within 2 metres of the router. I have checked the network repeatedly and there is no problem. It is the bose equipment that is not working.
the fustration is added too when I try to log into this site.  It says it does not recognise my pass word so when I try changing it tells me I can not use the same password again. 
So advice please 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Tegwyn,
If the SoundTouch app is unable to find the system, even when the speaker is connected and able to play music, this would generally indicate that our problem is a simple detection issue.  Intermittent visibility in the app can most often be caused by a home network that broadcasts more than one network name (SSID). IF you look on the Wi-Fi list for your phone or computer, are there multiple versions of your network listed? (alternate SSID's are often labeled as "Guest", "Media", or "5G"  networks)
Let us know if this is the case along with the brand and model # of your router and we will do our best to help you sort this out. 
Thank you.