Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 13, 2018

Bose wave soundtouch system IV

Dear Community members,

Recently I became a proud owner of the Bose Wave solution. I also added a Soundtouch 10 speaker to this solution (as an initial extension), and now I still struggle with the following:

1) (re)broadcast CD from Wave to Soundtouch

2) (re)broadcast FM and DAB radio from Wave to Soundtouch

3) (re)broadcast Youtube channels (from Ipad connected via Bluetooth to Wave) to Soundtouch

4) Access Media Library from Seagate Business Storage (DLNA activated)

Does anyone has experience (positive or negative) with any of the above? Many thanks in advance,

Looking forward to your reply,

Wilfried.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 13, 2018

Re: Bose wave soundtouch system IV

Author Accepted Answer selected by wilfried.houtput

Hello Brent,

The Update procedure was succesfully executed on both the Wave and the Soundtouch speaker. 

And the Connectivity drops didn't occur anymore, therefore I reconfigured the Wifi to the original settings. 

I'll keep on testing the stability of the connectivity and keep you informed.

Many thanks for your swift support.

Kind regards,

Wilfried.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 13, 2018

Some further analysis today learned me that

1) [SOLVED] It is not possible to stream CD audio to multiple Soundtouch systems (in contradiction to what was promissed in the local distributor store)

2) [OPEN] Same goes for FM/AM radio, so probably also Digital Radio. Using the internet radio instead results in frequent drops or even an uncontrolled stop of the signal. Any idea? 

3) [OPEN] I managed to broadcast the Bluetooth channel from the Wave system to the Soundtouch system, but only by using a second version of the app on another Ipad. Any suggestions on how I can activate the bluetooth broadcast on the same Ipad that is playing the music? (I must be doing something wrong, but what is not clear for me)

4) [SOLVED] DLNA access was not possible on a local Seagate app as well, so the problem is most probably related to the NAS Box. 

Many thanks in advance for your feedback,

Kind regards,

Wilfried.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Wilfried, 

Thank you for the post. I'll do my best to help address the two open issues you have. 

2) There is unfortunately no way to rebroadcast Am/Fm from the Wave to other systems. This has to do with architectural constraints with the SoundTouch adapter on the Wave and that most stations are available with an internet stream. If you're having audio dropouts, we should try and troubleshoot so we can resolve them. The first thing to look at is the signal strength going to the system by the following procedure:

In the SoundTouch app, choose the menu icon in the upper left
Choose "Settings" -> About"
Select the desired system to view that system's information. Signal strength is listed as "RSSI Signal Strength"

If the signal strength is less than desirable, THIS article has steps that can help. 

3) YouTube is an interesting source in that the app is not coded to continue playing when it's in the background. Other sources, like Spotify, for example, can play content normally when in the background. That being said, here's the procedure I would recommend in getting YouTube to play to multiple speakers using the same iPad. First, pair your iPad with your system and get the content playing that you would like from the YouTube app. Second, hit the home button on the iPad and launch the SoundTouch app. Your content will stop playing, which is normal. From within the SoundTouch app, select the system that you are paired to and add additional speakers to the group. Third, Hit the home button again and go back to the YouTube app and re-start the stream. This should get the content playing to all speakers you have in the group. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions! 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 13, 2018

Hello Brent,

Thanks for your reaction.

2) [OPEN] Signal on Wave is GREAT, on Soundtouch 10 it is FAIR. The number of drops was reduced to approx. once every 30 minutes, after splitting the 2.4Ghz band from the 5Ghz band. Only solution will be to use a Wired connection on the Soundtouch, do you have a procedure available for this? 

3) [CLOSED] Proposed solution works on one single iPad.

Many thanks,

Wilfried. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Wilfried,

Thank you for this update. I'm glad to hear everything is now working when using the YouTube app with Bluetooth. Since you mentioned a pretty specific timing for when the audio drops out, I'd like you to try updating your SoundTouch system firmware before we explore a wired connection. A recent DHCP lease time bug was addressed in a new firmware update that was released today. Details can be found here. To apply the update:

• Open the SoundTouch app
  • Select your SoundTouch system at the bottom of the app, this will open the device tray menu. 
  • Select the option to update your system. 
  • Once this is complete, swipe right to any additional systems, and repeat the steps as necessary. 

Let us know if this improves the dropouts at all. 

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 13, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by wilfried.houtput

Hello Brent,

The Update procedure was succesfully executed on both the Wave and the Soundtouch speaker. 

And the Connectivity drops didn't occur anymore, therefore I reconfigured the Wifi to the original settings. 

I'll keep on testing the stability of the connectivity and keep you informed.

Many thanks for your swift support.

Kind regards,

Wilfried.

View solution in original post