Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 18, 2016

Boselink Cable adapter

Does anyone know if there is an existing adapter for the 9-pin Mini DIN Boselink cable?  I am trying to install a Soundtouch 520 system in a home that was prewired with a 525 system.  The previous system has everything connect through the sub via the boselink cable and the new 520 has a wireless sub.  I have used the converter plate to take my 5.1 channels into the soundtouch receiver unit and I can play music on the system now.  The challenge is to get the TV output over to the soundtouch unit using the existing wiring in the home.  It was originally setup to take a Toslink fiber optic audio out from the TV to the input on the soundtouch receiver.  However, the existing toslink run goes to the garage and I need to get the signal from there back to the living room via the existing wired run, which is the Boselink cable.  Yes, in theory I could pull that cable and run a couple toslink run back through it but the conduit is stuffed and the boselink cable won't budge.  So, is there an adapter ** for the following:
--->toslink spdif-->D/A Adapter -->>**Analog 9 Pin Female -->> Boselink -->  BoseLink IN on Soundtouch
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Boselink Cable adapter

Hi paragon831,

Many apologies for the issue. Unfortunately we do not have a Boselink adapter at this time that will allow you to convert TOSLINK through the Boselink cable. I understand that it may be a struggle to re-pull cables through the conduit but it may be your best bet at this time.

Thank you

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 18, 2016

Re: Boselink Cable adapter

Well, that's not really an option.  However, I have found that I can possibly use a Toslink to Cat5 converter and then use a wireline adapter I have to send to the receiver in this scenario:

TV -->Toslink ->Toslink to Cat5 Adapter/Tx -> Ethernet Wireline Tx -> Home power wiring -> Ethernet Wireline Rx -> Cat5 to Toslink Adapter -->Soundtouch Receiver

A bit unorthodox but would that work?