Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2015

Brand New SoundTouch 30 Series III Severe Interference / Static out of Right Speaker!

Hey all,
Just got a new SoundTouch Series III and had a problem. After setting it up, installing updates and using both wifi (radio station) and bluetooth (from iPhone 6) I have insane amounts of static and interference. I have tried the system in two completely different geographical locations on two completely different networks with the same issue. It appears to be coming from the right speaker. It is basically unusable but seems to be consistent level regardless of volume on the system (no volume and it is incredibly noticable and to the point I have to turn it off) and when louder you can drown it out a little.
Any ideas? I have a soundlink mini II I just got too and it is fine on same iPhone 6 bluetooth.
Cheers, Dom.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Brand New SoundTouch 30 Series III Severe Interference / Static out of Right Speaker!

Hi Dom, 

Sorry to hear about this situation!

From your description, you have already covered most of the troubleshooting we could suggest. In a situation like this we would need to assume that your system has a hardware issue. For assistance with service on this product you would want to contact Bose support locally. 

In the USA you can call 800-905-2156 - Hours are M-F 9am to 8pm EST; Saturday 9am-6pm; In other regions you can find contact details by visiting http://global.bose.com  and selecting your country from the drop-down menu.

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 4, 2016

Re: Brand New SoundTouch 30 Series III Severe Interference / Static out of Right Speaker!

Hi I have Exactly the same problem. But I bought this equipment in USA and brought it to argentina where there isn't any oficial bose service. What would you suggest?
regards.
Ignacio.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Ignacio.soler.obejero, You would need to speak with our Global team about what can be done in that region. Please send an email about this situation to Global_service@bose.com  Thank you. 
Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 2, 2016

Hello I bought in USA one soundtouch 30 series 3 and when I brought it to my country (Argentina). It presents difficulties. I connect it perfect, I begin to hear music well and after 3 or 4 minutes cut as if I lost the signal and when he returns he does not sound serious. From then on again cut and turn. I tried it both with Wi-fi, Bluethoot and makes the same mistake. I also tried the AUX via a cable and also generates the same damage. The team has 15 days and as they do.
Thank You