Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2017

Broadcast of Internet-Radio interrupted

Hi all,

my reception of Internet-Radio-Stations through Bose ST 300, ST 20/10 etc., is interrupted every day at around 1 pm/2pm for several hours (all radio staions!). It then comes back after some hours and runs until the next day and the same happens again. As I receive all my signals from the same Internet-Povider (Unity-Media), and the rest (i.e. TV-Programm and Internet on PC and W-Lan) are running perfectly ALL the time, I wonder whether this is an Bose issue.

Anyone there with a similar problem, or better a solution for that problem.

Thanks

Rolf

4 REPLIES 4
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Broadcast of Internet-Radio interrupted

Hi Rolf, 

Thanks for reaching out! That's a very unique issue. I'm sorry that you're experiencing this. Curiously, does this happen with all stations on Internet Radio (vTuner) and TuneIn or just one of them? Do you notice this issue with any other Music Services that you use as well? If you haven't done so already, please try to unplug your router from power for 30 seconds and re-test. Please also try to unplug your systems from power as well to give them a reset. When this happens is the app still able to detect your systems or does that also stop working? Please let us know! 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2017

Hi Brent,

sorry for responding late, as I was on a holiday.

Yes, the problem occurs with any station/source on the internet. Even the app does not work.

I will try again to reset the whole system (including router), as mentioned.

Regards Rolf

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

No worries, Rolf. Keep us posted! 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2017

Hi Brent,

sorry for taking so much time, but the problem is now solved. Maybe others have or may have the same problem in the future, hence here the solution :

I have my W-LAN installed with a router and several repeaters to cover the whole area of my house. The reason, that the system interrupted itself every day was quite simple. I had the different Bose-components linked to different sources, i.e. some were connected directly to the router and some to the repeaters. As I have now connected all Bose components to the same repeater, the system works fine and without any interruptions. Hence I would suggest to everyone : Connect your Bose-components only to one source of your W-LAN, i.e. eather all of them to your router, or all of them to one repeater ! Don´t mix, as this may cause the mentioned interruption of the system!

Feel free to contact me in case of further questions.

Regards Rolf