Highlighted
Member
  • 0
  • 3
  • 1
Registered since

Sep 10, 2016

Broken SountTouch 10 after Wifi Network Change

HI,
I recently got a SountTouch 10 which I managed to setup with our old WIFI network, and was working fine.
I have changed the wifi network, and since them I am experiencing the following problem:
I managed to setup the ST10 for the new network, however, the connexion is lost shortly after music starts.
I can ping the ST10 from my laptop, but when music stops so does the PING.
Sometimes, it plays longer, sometimes shorter... but just few seconds, perhaps minutes.
It always fails to jump to next song, if I use the remote.
The Volume works fine... and the screen of the App will update the volume level as I press it.
I am looking into the Router firewall logs but I don't seem any traffic been drop from the Mobila App, Synology NAS or ST10.
It just stops working , and I have no clue what could be going wrong.
I have attempted a Reset to Factory Defaults. But doesn't seem to be working either: I can trigger the process, I see the , white light cycling, but it never gets to the point with the amber wifi (setup wifi) is on, as stated in documentation.
No clue what to try next. Any ideas?
 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
Member
  • 0
  • 3
  • 1
Registered since

Sep 10, 2016

Re: Broken SountTouch 10 after Wifi Network Change

Just in case anybody else is experimenting very unstable WIFI:
I found what the problem was.
My new WIFI network had the following option activated: "Enable WME" ( Wireless Multimedia Extensions, which is basically a Wireless Quality Of Service).
My SoundTouch 10 seems to fail misserably when that option is enabled.
 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
Member
  • 0
  • 3
  • 1
Registered since

Sep 10, 2016

Re: Broken SountTouch 10 after Wifi Network Change

Just in case anybody else is experimenting very unstable WIFI:
I found what the problem was.
My new WIFI network had the following option activated: "Enable WME" ( Wireless Multimedia Extensions, which is basically a Wireless Quality Of Service).
My SoundTouch 10 seems to fail misserably when that option is enabled.
 

View solution in original post