Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2016

Bug report

I'm using a Mac to stream my music to my Bose Wave Soundtouch IV in a playlist, and the system seems to hang when I stream songs in a playlist which are in albums that have an umlaut in the title.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Bug report

Hi Felt_Mountain,

Thanks for the post!  Will the playlist stop playing at the song with the umlaut in the title?  You're using iTunes, correct?

Also, if you play the song by itself and not in the playlist, does the song play fine?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2016

It will stop playing for a bit after encountering a track whose album contains an umlaut. And yes, the songs are from my iTunes library. I also tried playing it from the album listing and it does take a longer pause than normal as well to get to the next track. I tried renaming the track to get rid of the umlaut, but it still does it. It plays in iTunes normally and my other tracks in my iTunes library play fine in addition.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

What if you rename the track, and also edit the metadata information of the track as well to remove the umlaut?  If you ctrl-click on the offending file and choose "Get Info" from the menu, can you edit it from there?  If you can change the metadata info, exit out of and re open the SoundTouch App to re-sync the library, does the issue still happen?

If this doesn't work, we will want to escalate this issue to have it investigated further.  Please follow this guide to collect logs and also copy the iTunesLibrary.xml and .itl files from your iTunes folder.  Reply in the thread and let me know once you've done this.

Let me know if there are any other questions!

Thanks,

Brandon