Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicholasjahicks
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Buzzing sound from Soundbar 300 when TV program is paused

Good evening 

i have a sumsung Tv, Sky Q box and the Bose Soundbar 300, sub woofer and mini speakers. The Soundbar has recently been updated. I am having connection issues, I can connect the system ups pr the book, but hen I pause the TV, there is a loud buzzing from the Soundbar, once you start playing again the sound is grand.

Please, what is the correct way to connect the system up? I thought I had it right, I had an optical cable from sound Q into the Soundbar and the HDMI cable from Soundbar to TV, it all sounded fine, until I went onto the amazon prime app through the TV and then no sound from Soundbar at all.

any suggestions would be most welcomed

thank you 

nic 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Buzzing sound from Soundbar 300 when TV program is paused

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

I would go HDMI from your Sky Q to your tv and HDMI ARC from your tv to your Bose 300.  If that doesn't work, use optical from your tv to your Bose 300.  I get best result plugging all devices into my LG tv using HDMI, then HDMI ARC from tv to Bose 300.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

I would go HDMI from your Sky Q to your tv and HDMI ARC from your tv to your Bose 300.  If that doesn't work, use optical from your tv to your Bose 300.  I get best result plugging all devices into my LG tv using HDMI, then HDMI ARC from tv to Bose 300.

View solution in original post

Nicholasjahicks
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Thank you, I’ll give it a try later today.