Highlighted
FlyingDutch
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2018

Buzzing vi300

Hello everyone,

I have a complete soundtouch 300 system with a acoustimass 300 and the vi300. After a couple of days they began to buzz. So Bose replaced the vi300, but after a couple of days they began to buzz again.

Its really irritating. The buzz is so loud and continioulsy present. So I called Bose again, now they want to credit my money back or replace them again. But bose doenst want to refund my soundtouch 300 and acoustimass 300. They say that its not a set, but 3 different components.

Im not happy with this situation, because i spend 1700 euros for this set. If i would have known this would be happening then i wouldnt have bought it.

So my question is what do you guys think of this ? Im verry disapointed in bose, that ive got 2 pairs of 300 euro speakers, with a annoiing buzz. I bought this set so i would have surround speakers, but bose says its not a set???

Best regards,
Stijn

Sorry for my English xD
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Buzzing vi300

Hi Stijn,

Thank you for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your system.

Do you hear buzzing from both the VI300 and the AM300 at the same time?  Do you get any buzzing sounds from the ST300 itself?

Does this happen all of the time?

Does your Wi-Fi have both a 2.4 GHz and a 5 GHz network?

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

FlyingDutch
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2018

Hi Brandon,

No only the vi300 buzz. But not the speakers but the powerbrick buzz. Even when they are in standby. The soundtouch 300 and am300 are fine.

Yes it happens all of the time. And yes i have a 2.4 and a 5 ghz wifi network. But they buzz at both channels. Its like you hear the electricity being converted.

Are there more people with this issue ? Cuz i got my vi300 replaced but the new ones are buzz again after 2 3 days. So it must happen more often.

Thanks for your reply.

Stijn
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

the moderators in the german forum confirmed the receivers to have a build quality issue and stated that in the EU ,we can expect a new revision of the receivers by june/july. They claim that the new revision will have a better build quality and have this issue solved. 

So I'd suggest to get back to the support at the above mentioned time and directly ask for a replacement ,but have them confirmed first that these receivers are the fixed ones.

NickAsh28
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2018

My power brick is buzzing. Is it safe to use? Worried it will start a fire it is so loud. This added to the fact I cannot turn my tv off thanks to st300 (https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Soundtouch-300-Apple-TV-amp-Sony-Bravia-Sync-Issue...) really makes me proud to own a Bose speaker system. 

Hello NickAsh28,

Thanks for posting.

This doesn't sound like the power supply is acting correctly. There should be no buzzing sound emitting from it. I would suggest to give technical support a call so we can address both issues for you.

If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a phone number will be displayed for support.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support