Aku_Bose
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Can I connect new Bose Surround Speakers with Soundtouch 300 instead of Virtually invisible 300

I have Soundtouch 300 and Acoustimass 300, but I haven't purchased the surround speakers (Virtually invisible 300) yet. I really prefer the white colour wich is not available in Virtually invisible 300. So my question is  can I connect the new white Surround Speakers with Soundtouch 300 instead virtually invisibles since they are propably technically the same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Re: Can I connect new Bose Surround Speakers with Soundtouch 300 instead of Virtually invisible 300

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Brandon_M

Sure you can ,they are basically only rebranded ,but technically the same.

5 REPLIES 5
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Re: Can I connect new Bose Surround Speakers with Soundtouch 300 instead of Virtually invisible 300

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Brandon_M

Sure you can ,they are basically only rebranded ,but technically the same.

Hi Aku,

Thanks for the post.

MykelNeiD is correct!  You can absolutely use the Surround Speakers with the ST300 soundbar.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Sushovan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

But in Bose website, nowhere it is mentioned that ST300 and surround sound are compatible. It is mentioned that Surround Sound are designed for SB500/700. (Below from Bose Site : https://www.boseindia.com/en_in/products/speakers/speaker_accessories/bose-surround-speakers.html#v=...

"

You want to hear the car chases and explosions. You want to savour the guitar solos and sweeping verses. You want to be in the middle of all the action—and the Bose Surround Speakers put you there. Designed exclusively to pair with the Bose Soundbar 500 or the Bose Soundbar 700, these unobtrusive rear surround speakers provide sweeping sound that adds to your movies, sports and TV shows.

When it comes to rear surround speakers, the only thing you want to stand out is the sound. Standing less than 11 cm high, the Bose Surround Speakers fit right in with sound that stands out.

Rob Vanderbroeck
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

The ST300 works with the same soundtouch app, the only problem is that the sound your TV produces will be of sync if you play them all. The SB500/700 use a different APP that is also compatible with the Bose home speaker 500. I wanted to use the ST 300 in combination with my two ST20 III, but I hesitated because off a lot of HDMI ARC issue's I noticed on the internet. Now I bought a Bose Solo 5 and connected it to my Soundtouch Wireless link adapter, it gives a hell of a sound and I do not need a separate Bass module.

I connected the optical out to the optical in of the Solo 5 and I can play everything from the ST app on all speakers. I connected my blu ray player's coaxial output to the ST wireless link adapter so I can play the sound of CD's . A SPDIF selector and a divider gives me the possibility to play the sound of my TV over the solo 5 stand alone or over the wireless ST wireless link adapter. This last option will only work if I play content with Kodi from a raspberry PI ( I can adjust the sound to be faster ) so video and audio is in sync.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

A lot of thought has gone into your setup. One observation...I still think the decision (Bose) to rely on the smart TVs to do the component switching relies too much on TV makers, hence all the problems with ARC. I prefer systems with a separate console like the SoundTouch 130 or Lifestyle systems. However I see the greater market seems to be shifting to simpler and simpler setups, Bose seems to following suit with the 500 and 700 line.

Synchronization of voice may illustrate that the Home series of speakers may be more than just rebranded speakers.

That Solo 5 is feisty, nice to hear about your experience with it and the SoundTouch adapter.

I use Apple TV and Airport Express routers attached to TVs, Solos and SoundTouch speakers the same way, they sound great!

I have a BlueRay DVD/CD player attached to my CineMate 130 console. Never use it. I ripped my whole CD library into iTunes and use Match and Apple Music to play to all my SoundTouch speakers.

Lots of fun taking this setup down and reassembled when I moved recently. Everything worked well though.

I have enjoyed pretty good success mainly because I tried to used the gear in a manner for which it was designed, stuck with Bose and Apple standards and good cabling.