LPA
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2015

Can I customize the SoundTouch presets?

I have a Wave SoundTouch and have a question about the presets. I have a subscription to Calm Radio and would like to set a couple of channels as presets. I can select the channels using the Explore/Internet Radio controls in the SoundTouch app but theses are the public facing channels that have the commercial breaks. Is there a way to input the personalized channel URL (account info embedded) as a preset so I can listen without the commercial breaks? Note: I can listen to the channels on the Wave by using AirPlay from my iPad but would really prefer pressing 1 button instead of having to log into my iPad, load the Calm Radio app, select the channel and then switch it to AirPlay, especially when half asleep.
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Can I customize the SoundTouch presets?

HI LPA, 

The SoundTouch app can only play the public version of these streams which will include advertising. As you know, only streams playable in the SoundTouch app can be added to the preset buttons.

When you use a separate app from Calm Radio on your iPad instead of the Bose app, the only option we have to play that audio to the system is via AirPlay.  And there is no way to enable an outside piece of software to use the preset buttons.
Thank you.

LPA
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2015

Thanks, any chance that this capability will be included in a future release?
Michael_Fitzpat
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 6, 2014

Hello LPA,
We cannot say with certainty that it would be included in a future release, however we will mark this thread as feedback for better visibility to our development team.
Thank you.
ivanruiz
Registered since

Mar 8, 2016

Calm radio should be included. I have a Bose system and a Sonos and it is included in Sonos. Why not in Bose.?¡