Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2016

Can I use SoundTouch 300 Soundbar and two SoundTouch 10 Speakers at same time for TV audio?

Right now I have the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar connected by HDMI arc to my Samsung television. If I buy two SoundTouch 10 speakers can these connect to the 300 Soundbar so I have all of the speakers emitting the audio from my television?
If this is possible how do the SoundTouch 10's connect? Do they wirelessly connect through wi-fi with the soundbar? Or by blu tooth? Or do they have to connect wired to the television?
Note I have already bought and returned the Virtually Invisible Speakers and sent them back because the audio coming out of them was very low and often times not at all depending on the program being watched. I am hoping the 10's can connect to the soundbar the same way the Invisible Speakers connected.
I really just want two more speakers on the sides and hoping the 10's will work in concert with the 300 Soundbar. Is this possible? 
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Can I use SoundTouch 300 Soundbar and two SoundTouch 10 Speakers at same time for TV audio?

Hi mysweetmary,

Thanks for your question.The SoundTouch 10s can play the same audio as the SoundTouch 300, but only through ‘Play All’ in the SoundTouch App.This means sources added in the application (like Pandora, Spotify, etc) and Bluetooth sources can be synced and played to all speakers at the same time.TV audio cannot be rebroadcast to other devices.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Thanks,
Brandon

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 5, 2015

Re: Can I use SoundTouch 300 Soundbar and two SoundTouch 10 Speakers at same time for TV audio?

Hi Mysweetmary,
The surround speakers are only meant for effects on movies generally speaking and adding a bit of atmosphere when required (concerts, crowd clapping on panel show etc).
As Brandon has said what you have asked wont work unfortunately.
The point is nobody will do a system like this as voices are supposed to come from where the person is talking from on screen and not at the sides/behind you. This may be why you where dissapointed with the speakers as you where expecting all audio to come from them when infact its not meant to.
Thanks