cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pats2265
Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2017

Can SoundTouch support several groups and stereo pairs?

Does the SoundTouch application support having multiple speaker groups.  For example,

I'd like to have:

Living Room - Two SoundTouch 10's paired for stereo

Upstairs - Two SoundTouch 10's paired for stereo

Downstairs - one sound touch

I'd like to be able to say

(1) Play on all of them the same thing (this is appears to be supported).

(2) Play on Upstairs and Downstairs ONLY.  And let living room pair play something else

(3) Obviously, if I setup groups I want them to be remembered.  See Are speaker groups remembered. 

There are other combinations I could toss in but the general question is, can I "pair" as well as group.  I only have two right now SoundTouch 10 & SoundTouch 20 and they can't be paired, but Play All worked.

I will by additional speakers if I believe that they will work as I would like.  I currently have BlueSound speakers (which I have to admit are awesome) but Bose seems to support Pandora and Spotify better than BlueSound so I'm considering switching to Bose if it also has the multi-speaker grouping features.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Can SoundTouch support several groups and stereo pairs?

Author Accepted Answer selected by pats2265

Hi pats2265,

Thanks for your post. I'd be happy to help!

"Does the SoundTouch application support having multiple speaker groups.  For example,

I'd like to have:

Downstairs - one sound touch"

• Yes, this will certainly be possible. 

• Yes, the 'Play All' feature will allow you to synchronize music between all of your SoundTouch speakers. Stereo-paired speakers will appear in the app as a single stereo-paired system.

(2) Play on Upstairs and Downstairs ONLY.  And let living room pair play something else

• This is also possible. You can set up groups within the SoundTouch app.

(3) Obviously, if I setup groups I want them to be remembered.  See Are speaker groups remembered. 

• Persistent grouping is not currently available. This is a feature that many have requested, and our development team is certainly aware. If more information becomes available on this request, we will certainly share here in the community!
  • Once you power off your speakers/leave the SoundTouch app, your groups will need to be established again. This DOESN'T apply for the stereo-pairing though. Your stereo-paired SoundTouch 10's will remain paired until you issue the command to separate them. Also, stereo-paired SoundTouch 10's will need an active internet connection to pair. 

I hope this information helps! Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,

Brian

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Can SoundTouch support several groups and stereo pairs?

Author Accepted Answer selected by pats2265

Hi pats2265,

Thanks for your post. I'd be happy to help!

"Does the SoundTouch application support having multiple speaker groups.  For example,

I'd like to have:

Downstairs - one sound touch"

• Yes, this will certainly be possible. 

• Yes, the 'Play All' feature will allow you to synchronize music between all of your SoundTouch speakers. Stereo-paired speakers will appear in the app as a single stereo-paired system.

• This is also possible. You can set up groups within the SoundTouch app.

(3) Obviously, if I setup groups I want them to be remembered.  See Are speaker groups remembered. 

• Persistent grouping is not currently available. This is a feature that many have requested, and our development team is certainly aware. If more information becomes available on this request, we will certainly share here in the community!
  • Once you power off your speakers/leave the SoundTouch app, your groups will need to be established again. This DOESN'T apply for the stereo-pairing though. Your stereo-paired SoundTouch 10's will remain paired until you issue the command to separate them. Also, stereo-paired SoundTouch 10's will need an active internet connection to pair. 

I hope this information helps! Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,

Brian

View solution in original post