Highlighted
yeaj
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Can Soundtouch 10 connect to a non-broadcast SSID?

I would like to set my router to hide my network WiFi SSID name. All of my other network devices continue to recognize the network and connect after I switch the router to disable broadcasting of the SSID name but my SoundTouch 10 will not reconnect once the router resets to confirm the SSID name is no longer broadcasting. I've tried resetting the router with the SoundTouch powered on as well as unplugged and neither works. It appears to only want to connect to a broadcast SSID. Any way around this or am I stuck with having to choose between using my SoundTouch 10 or a non-broadcast SSID?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can Soundtouch 10 connect to a non-broadcast SSID?

Author Accepted Answer selected by yeaj

Hi, yeaj.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I can't see any reason why this wouldn't work. I'd love to give this a go for you, but we don't have access to a network in the office that we can hide. Have you tried setting the speaker up from scratch and, when selecting your network in the SoundTouch app, picking "Manually connect to a network" and typing the SSID in yourself? 

To factory reset the speaker, hold the buttons labeled "1" and "Volume Down" on the top of the speaker simultaneously for around 10 seconds. The lights on the front of the speaker will blink from left to right for a minute or two and the left-hand light (the WiFi indicator) will glow amber.

It may be worth connecting your SoundTouch 10 to the network using the alternate setup method. You can skip the first two steps because the speaker is already in setup mode.

Please let us know how you get on and, if you have any questions, just ask.

2 REPLIES 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by yeaj

Hi, yeaj.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I can't see any reason why this wouldn't work. I'd love to give this a go for you, but we don't have access to a network in the office that we can hide. Have you tried setting the speaker up from scratch and, when selecting your network in the SoundTouch app, picking "Manually connect to a network" and typing the SSID in yourself? 

To factory reset the speaker, hold the buttons labeled "1" and "Volume Down" on the top of the speaker simultaneously for around 10 seconds. The lights on the front of the speaker will blink from left to right for a minute or two and the left-hand light (the WiFi indicator) will glow amber.

It may be worth connecting your SoundTouch 10 to the network using the alternate setup method. You can skip the first two steps because the speaker is already in setup mode.

Please let us know how you get on and, if you have any questions, just ask.

yeaj
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Hey, thank you so much for responding to my post! You know, I had reset the speaker a few times but it kept finding and showing as locked on another SSID that I have for guests. I must've been doing something stupid as this time I followed your instructions and fully reset the speaker and then connected it to the correct SSID before switching over the network to non-broadcast. It went silent for a minute while the modem/router rebooted and then came back on. I'm grateful to you for your help!!!